Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 253 times
Great Britain

Re: Routes (SD card or XT )

Post by jfheath »

A couple of other observations.

If the route is on the SD Card, then you can delete the appropriate Routex.gpx file to get rid of the route. You don't need to reformat the SD card. But you do need a computer and a USB cable (or a device that can read/edit the SD card).
(You may need to delete Current.gpx as well - but I haven't tested that properly as yet. My current thinking is that it isn't necessary, but I may be wrong).
ST1300A9 - Currently: Zumo 590/5 and Zumo XT - Previous: Zumo 550 and Zumo 660.
BTM03 module to provide Bluetooth link to Autocom. XT paired up to Android Smartphone
jfheath
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 253 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi Russ

I've finally got round to looking at this in more detail. My earlier findings did not nail the reason for this behaviour, and your findings were not quite right. I've started a new thread here which describes precisely what is going on with the lost facility for re-importing routes.

Basically, when you transfer routes from Basecamp to the Zumo XT, they are not added to the previous set of transferred routes. A brand new set is created, and any previous transferred routes are overwritten - The routes in the Zumo still exist, but the older transfers are then not available to be reimported. So if you want all of your routes to be available for importing, you have to transfer all of the routes in one go.

This will affect how you organise your routes in Basecamp, to make that process easier to manage. If you do this, the routes will never disappear from the list of routes that can be imported. You can delete and reimport as often as you wish. Until you forget and accidentally transfer a single route from Basecamp. That will get rid of all of them.

The link to the new thread explaining this in more detail is here.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1113

I'll go back and annotate my previous contributions, because although the observations were correct, my reasons were wrong.
ST1300A9 - Currently: Zumo 590/5 and Zumo XT - Previous: Zumo 550 and Zumo 660.
BTM03 module to provide Bluetooth link to Autocom. XT paired up to Android Smartphone
PaulaRay
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by PaulaRay »

Also see the following Thread which has a Zumo 595LM compatibiliy resolution; ;)

viewtopic.php?t=1661