jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Memory Card

Post by jfheath »

Ahh

So well wide of the mark then, wasn't I :oops:

Ignore the last little lot then - except - I wonder if my last comment in my previous post about Waypoints on memory card also applies to the Zumo 595? I don't know, but it may be worth checking.

To display your waypoints on the map, on my 590 the setting is in
Settings / Map & Vehicle / Map Layers - tick Up Ahead places

Although the Zumo 590 recognises the new Waypoints in the list of favourites, it seems that the Waypoints still have to be imported in order to see them on the map. They appear as a heart on my system. To Import, Where To ? / Favourites 3 bar menu and Import.

And on mine, this is where the problem with favourites on memory cards comes into play. I can't import them if there isn't a favourite in internal memory as well !

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Let me put it simply, if the 'waypoints' you're talking about are part of your track they'll be imported along with the track, but they won't show individually as 'waypoints'. If you want specific waypoints then drag/drop them, or use the send to function, into the internal memory of your device. BaseCamp will save them (normally) as a file named temp.gpx

They will then show in your favourites list after you've booted your device. You should then delete the file temp.gpx to avoid problems later.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

You are right that the waypoints within a route are transferred along with that route. But I think you are making the same mistake that I did - assuming that Patrick was saying 'Track' when he should have been saying 'Route'. I was wrong.

Patrick says that he is creating a Track - not a navigable route. And Waypoints do not form any part of any Track. So his Waypoints are being plotted individually.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well a track contains track points, hence the ' ' around the word 'waypoint' as like you I'm not quite sure what he's referring to :)