hey all,

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
fatfeet
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

hey all,

Post by fatfeet »

I have joined this forum as I have decided to move away from Nav vi, had them for 4 years and it has been replaced 5 times, so I have given up, in the hope these XTs are better. I do believe it will be.
I do many miles touring, 2 up, on a GSA, currently 50,000 on clock, France, Spain, Germany, black forrest, and this year a world tour of the UK but only for 10 days. taking in some of the wild Atlantic way. from Shannon river northwards.
to achieve, we must first attempt
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 610 times
Great Britain

Re: hey all,

Post by jfheath »

Welcome @fatfeet !

You'll enjoy the XT. It will drive you nuts, but you will enjoy it. It routes differently from the Nav VI - which I believe is based on the 590/595 ? The current gripe is getting used to 'Fastest Time' - which seems to mean 'Head for the nearest Fastest Road'.

There's a lot of useful info in here: viewtopic.php?t=1464
although having owned the Nav VI you will probably be familiar with some of this already.

10 days for a world tour of the UK ? We may be a small island, but I have trouble squeezing my tours into 3 weeks. And that's just scratching the surface.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you have the BMW Nav prep then have a look here if you want easy installation of the XT viewtopic.php?t=1318
fatfeet
Great Britain

Post by fatfeet »

jfheath wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:28 am Welcome @fatfeet !

You'll enjoy the XT. It will drive you nuts, but you will enjoy it. It routes differently from the Nav VI - which I believe is based on the 590/595 ? The current gripe is getting used to 'Fastest Time' - which seems to mean 'Head for the nearest Fastest Road'.

There's a lot of useful info in here: viewtopic.php?t=1464
although having owned the Nav VI you will probably be familiar with some of this already.

10 days for a world tour of the UK ? We may be a small island, but I have trouble squeezing my tours into 3 weeks. And that's just scratching the surface.
I very rarely use these units as an A to B use my phone and Waze for that, I always make up my own routes when touring using basecamp, the 10 days works tour of UK is pretty lame to be fair, just a silly name, my pillion decided we don't won't to go to Europe this year, but its 2 nights Wales, 5 nights Ireland, 2 night s Scotland and 1 night England. still looking forward it.
thanks for the advice
fatfeet
Great Britain

Post by fatfeet »

Stu wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:10 am Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you have the BMW Nav prep then have a look here if you want easy installation of the XT viewtopic.php?t=1318
yeh thanks, I have seen them but decided to remove the nav cradle and fit this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124413744383 along with a new lead with a connector, that fits onto the original connector. bit less money very easy to fit. 🤘
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

fatfeet wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:10 pm
Stu wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:10 am Hi and welcome to the forum :)

yeh thanks, I have seen them but decided to remove the nav cradle and fit this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124413744383 along with a new lead with a connector, that fits onto the original connector. bit less money very easy to fit. 🤘
Yes probably the best way on the GSA its not so easy on some BMW's as not all have a bar to mount it to