Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo XT not navigating after update

Post by Stu »

Alanopilota wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:16 pm Stu, thanks.
My son has been helping with his laptop and Garmin express but…..we still don’t know how to do the full factory reset…..do you know how ?
Try this but bear in mind it will delete everything off the zumo so if you can use express to make a back up of any favourites

Master Reset
Step 1
Turn off the Zumo and disconnect any power cable from the unit.

Step 2
Hold down your finger in the lower-right corner of the screen.

Step 3
Hold the "Power" button, releasing it only after the Zumo turns on.

Step 4
Release your finger from the lower-right corner of the screen after a "Do you really want to erase all user data?" message appears.

Step 5
Tap "Yes."
Alanopilota
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Alanopilota »

Step 2 whereabouts exactly …in the same place where settings is ?
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Yes around that area should be fine if it doesn't work then move it closer to the corner
Alanopilota
Great Britain

Post by Alanopilota »

Ok, that didn’t work, a utube vid showed selecting map and then speed and then holding your finger on the 0 mph and then the clear all user data was one of the options that came up….so I did that….still coming up as map data is not available when I select address.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

There are 4 ways to reset everything to original. They all seem to call it "Erase User Data".

1) Settings->Device->Reset->Reset Settings (or Delete Data and Reset Settings).
2) Settings ->3 Bar Menu -> Restore (to restore all settings to their default values)
3) View Map->Speed Button->Speed Circle (hold for 10 seconds until screen changes)->Clear all User Data
4) Cold Power off. Power on. The Garmin logo and a progress bar appears. As soon as additional text appears below Garmin, press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen - until 'Erase User Data' appears.

They all seem to do the same thing. I haven't got a clue whether there is another one called 'system reset', or whether there is some subtle difference between the various methods. Only the top method allows you to retain your routes, tracks and track logs.

app.php/ZXT-P84

I don't think any of these methods affect the installed map.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Just to confirm maps and POIs are unaffected by a reset.
Alanopilota
Great Britain

Post by Alanopilota »

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help, I really appreciate it, thank you.

Along with my son who is tech savvy, we have tried all of the things that have been suggested by people on this forum and Garmin to no avail.

Today I have had two phone conversations with Garmin support, and now they are requesting that I send the logs to them from Garmin Express but……I have to call them again because they did not provide me with a code to enter in the send logs prompt !
It’s not the reference no of the case but, at least I have an ongoing case with them that will hopefully lead to a replacement item.
Alanopilota
Great Britain

Post by Alanopilota »

UPDATE ON MY ZUMO XT THAT WENT BAD DURING A ROUTINE MAP UPDATE.

Garmin have now, at last, done the right thing.
Mine has been returned for a new replacement.

This took considerable persuasion and multiple phone calls and e-mails including sending them the logs from express.
Cheers everyone that contributed.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Well done for getting this sorted.

Garmin seem to operate a triage system. Like at the doctors where you tell the receptionist what is wrong with you - simply so that she can get you through to the right person.

The first people you get in touch with seem to have the job of pointing you to the correct page of the online manual. They latch onto the gist of a problem rather than the detail. This is annoying, but very necessary for them so that the expert trouble shooters are not inundated with problems that involve telling the user where the power switch is.

So you have to get back to them straight away. Look at the links they send, but point out you have done all of that, but that it isn't relevant to the problem you described

I still get caught out by this. I will write an email detailing the problem and give examples and screen shots. I assume that they read it. But I am wrong. They see words like 'routing' and send me to a link which describes how the Zumo uses traffic, routing preferences, speed limits to find the best route. All of which is very interesting but completely irrelevant to the problem that I described.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.