missing trip data on map screen

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
mauritswoudenberg
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

missing trip data on map screen

Post by mauritswoudenberg »

Hi,

I'm currently on a trip around the world on my motorcycle.
In a nutshell:
Europe, Turkey, Iran, -stan countries, Mongolia, Siberia, Alaska, Canada, US.

For this trip I upgraded from my zumo 395 (which I could configure so that it had time of arrival, distance to destination, height above sea level and speed, all in the bottom of the map / navigation screen) to the (bigger) 595 on which I can only seem to choose one of them + the speed that's always there.

Did garmin really take out this functionality? I really liked configuring it to the terrain I was driving. Like height in mountains, current direction (N, NE, S, etc.) when driving in flat terrain and also just have a sense of how far my destination is / how much time it will take.

Is there a workaround to get this working anyway?

Thank you all!

Best,
Maurits
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 610 times
Great Britain

Re: missing trip data on map screen

Post by jfheath »

Hi

You mean like this ?
Trip Data Screen.jpg
Trip Data Screen.jpg (18.28 KiB) Viewed 630 times
This is a screen shot from the XT. The 595 has a spanner icon in the bottom right corner.

Yes - Main Screen -> View Map -> Spanner menu -> Trip Data ***

You can select 3 items from that set of 8 that are shown . Each one overlays the last so that you cannot see it the one before. But when you press the cross, to close the last one down, the one before it comes back into view.

*** Trip Data may not appear in the display of 8 icons. Others are available, and you can configure which 8 you have instant access to.

Main Screen -> Map & Vehicle -> Map Tools -> select the tools you want

Once Trip Data is shown down the right hand side - like int he picture, You can configure the 4 items down the right hand side to show what you want. (The 3 new ones and the one next to the spanner)

Tap any one of them to show the list of available entries. Some may not be available - eg Time to Via is only available if you are navigating a route.
The ticks show what is already on the screen - so you cannot choose them again.

The menu remembers the settings for when you are navigating, and when you are not - so when you stop navigating the items in the right hand bar will change back to what was there when you set it up before a route was being followed.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
mauritswoudenberg
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Re: missing trip data on map screen

Post by mauritswoudenberg »

Pefrcet, It's exactly what I needed!

Many thanks!