595 Not Showing The Next Street Name

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

595 Not Showing The Next Street Name

Post by rbentnail »

Something I noticed today for the first time, anyone know of a "fix"?

I'm riding along, 595 on, looking for an upcoming street. Because we all know if you're not running an active route, the 595 shows the name of the next street to intersect with the one you're on. Right? At least this is the way it's always been until today. Today the thing shows the distance to my nearest Saved place in the green bar across the top of the display, but still no active route to follow. WTH? No matter what I tried I could not get it to stop that and tell me street names.

Any ideas?
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 610 times
Great Britain

Re: 595 Not Showing The Next Street Name

Post by jfheath »

Haven't got a clue, Russ.

But have you changed the voice ? I know that your question has nothing to do with spoken messages, but the voices with the 'real directions', and / or TTS seem to have access to different information. What is spoken is often reflected in the top bar display.

Just a random thought.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Nope, I haven't changed a parameter, voice, or anything else in more than a year.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 610 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hmm..

Voices and possibly an additional map (like OSM) being selectected in myMaps are all that I have got on that one.
My 590 is in 590 mode at the moment, rather than its usual 595, so I cannot check easily.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
MSTOCK27370
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by MSTOCK27370 »

rbentnail wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:05 pm Something I noticed today for the first time, anyone know of a "fix"?

if you're not running an active route, the 595 shows the name of the next street to intersect with the one you're on. Right? At least this is the way it's always been until today. Today the thing shows the distance to my nearest Saved place in the green bar across the top of the display, but still no active route to follow. WTH? No matter what I tried I could not get it to stop that and tell me street names.
Russ, I have had the same (or similar problem pop up once or twice. Went to meet some friends for breakfast. After, leaving the parking lot, the display is showing up showing distance to my home location, and I didn't do anything to the 590 to cause this. I think I might have used the fast shut off instead of the long hold of the power button. Normally, I always shut the 590 off with the long hold of the power button. After I got home and shut it down, the next time I used the 590, it worked normally and continues to do that. Do you usually shut down with the quick push of the power button, or the shutdown method?
Michael S.
Trinity, North Carolina
Zumo 590LM, 396LM, 550 BMW R1100RT, R100, R60/6
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I always use the long press power off method. I haven't used the device since it did it so I can't say if anything's different again.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT