what Music formats will zumo XT recognize/play?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Thrasherg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

what Music formats will zumo XT recognize/play?

Post by Thrasherg »

Hi Everyone, just joined this forum. I have been reading and searching for similar topics, but didn't see anything. I have been using a Zumo 660 for the last 10+ years, and just ordered a new Zumo XT. At home I use a PC for surfing the WEB, but all my music is on iTunes and linked to various apple devices through out the house. I had to convert the music I wanted to listen to on the 660 to an MP3 format from the itunes MPEG-4 Audio File that I have at home. Does the XT play MPEG4 files directly? Or do I still have to convert my music to MP3 format? The GPS hasn't arrived yet and searching on the WEB it's looking very much like MP3 is the only recognized format, but thought I would ask here.

Any watch-outs that I should be looking for? My Zumo 660 unit was regularly switched between my road legal Honda CRF450X and my Super tenere and has covered thousands of miles of use without any real issues, hoping this new unit will be as reliable as the 660, but that I can now see the display in sunlight!! It will be going on my new CRF450RL and the tenere.

all suggestions and information is very gratefully received, I am British but have lived in the USA (Texas) for the last 15 years, and in France for the 15 years prior to the USA..

Gary
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: what Music formats will zumo XT recognize/play?

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums.

I believe that MP3 is the only music format that the XT will recognise, although it can receive sound from external devices via Bluetooth. It is the external device that has to play the music though. The XT will have some primitive control - like play, pause, next track and (possibly) previous track.

For MP3, The folder should be MP3 in capital letters, but within that you can have folders eg to keep albums separate.
The MP3 folder can be in internal storage or on the sd card, or both. That is the same as the 660.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Thrasherg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: what Music formats will zumo XT recognize/play?

Post by Thrasherg »

I saw your response a while ago, but realise I never said thanks.. so better late than never!! Many thanks for the information.

Gary