395LM audio quality

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
bigmal
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

395LM audio quality

Post by bigmal »

I thought it might be a “compact” solution to have satnav directions and music all com8ng from one source - so that’s why I bought the zumo 395 LM. But I find the audio quality of the music sun standard. If I listen to the same songs, through the same Bluetooth earbuds on my phone, the audio is better.
Think I’ll be going back to zumo for directions and smartphone for music.
Anyone else have the same issue?
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Re: 395LM audio quality

Post by jfheath »

A somewhat belated welcome to the ZumoUserForums.

Did you get your music issue sorted out ? I have never used the 395LM, but have always found the music sound to be excellent quality..

However, all of the Zumos that I have owned have had a built in media player, and the sound is far superior from that than it is from relying on BT into the Zumo and BT out to the earpieces. I believe that the 395 does not have a media player ?

BT signal and quality can be greatly improved if BT devices are not close to the electronic control units on the bike. Although options for location of earpieces are somewhat restricted, and the satnav has to be located in easy view - but sometimes just a small change can make a big difference.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
bigmal
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: 395LM audio quality

Post by bigmal »

Hi
No, I didn’t get anything sorted re the music quality, so I just use my phone for music.
I did some Googling and found a post on an AV Rider forum, where a 395 owner was complaining about the MP3 player being “tinny & hollow”.
Maybe Garmin only intend you to control a separate MP3 player via its controls - but in which case, why allow it to store mp3s and play them!

Anyway, not a huge problem, still a great satnav in other respects.

Thanks for your input :)