- Posts: 2
- Joined: 30 Jun 2021 19:57
Can someone tell me what I do wrong?
I discovered an error on the map. The two roads along which the trail runs are not connected and consequently the calculation of the planned route from the trail fails.
Nevertheless, I managed to somehow extract the planned route from the trail. Where a straight line remained in the trail, I adjusted using nearby local roads.
I hope I helped with that.
- Posts: 650
- Joined: 19 Oct 2019 16:17
- Location: West Yorkshire, Uk
- Has liked: 36 times
- Been liked: 169 times
kml_122 has just two waypoints - the satrt and finish kml_122 and kml_1221 - set for motorcycle, faster time. It has no intermediate points defined, but the route has been calculated on Basecamp and saves a whole lot of 'ghost points' - the gpxx route point extensions which keep the route in place when it is loaded to the XT.
sled_004 has plenty of intermediate Via and shaping points - one of which is a waypoint - Sled 004. These appear to have been dropped in place using Basecamp tools - judging by the name given to the points.
Tårsvej 151 to Sled 0041 - has just 3 points - Tårsvej 151, Tårs and Sled 0041. Only oneof these is a waypoint (Sled 0041). The route description alos shows it has been calculated by garmin (or similar) - with a small number of ghost points - but it is a short route and many of the roads it goes along are straight so the number of points required to represent a straight line is much smaller than the number required to draw a curve.
There are two tracks in the file.
kml_122 and Sled 004
kml_122 follows the route kml_122 precisely.
Sled 004 track does not follow the kml_122 route.
The blue line represents the track, the magenta line shows the route.
When I use basecamp to convert the kml_122 route to a track, the track follws the route precisely - as you would expect.
I don't think that Basecamp was used to convert the Sled_004 route to the sled_004 track. Or if it was - something went very wrong with the conversion. The lat/lon points do not match up, and they would do if they came from the same place. Perhaps the map on your XT is not the same as the map in Basecamp - or the routes originated from somewhere else and you did not recalculate the routes before trasnferring them.
The kml_122 track and route also have different lat/lon values for each of the points - even though they plot precisely on the map.
I'll explain what I mean. In the gpx file, if they were obtained fromt he same route using the same map the 'ghost' route point
<gpxx:rpt lat="54.913079738616943" lon="12.053461074829102" /> would be converted to a track point
<trkpt lat="54.913079738616943" lon="12.053461074829102" />
ie the lat / lon doesn't change at all - only the tag at the start.
In fact, the equivalent point as far as I can tell (6th one down) in your track shows as as this -
<trkpt lat="54.913168251514435" lon="12.054146379232407" /> None of the track points match any of the route points ! The track must have come from a different source or a different map.
There are about 1280 of these. Only the genuine waypoints which have defined coordinates are the same. The rest do not match up at all.
When I transferred them to my XT, I got the same results as the Basecamp map shows.
After recalculating the routes and creating new tracks in Basecamp there were no issues.
BTM03 module to provide Bluetooth link to Autocom. XT paired up to Android Smartphone
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 0 guests