Issues when streaming music from my phone

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
SteveA
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Issues when streaming music from my phone

Post by SteveA »

I've noticed that if I have music streaming to my XT from Deezer which is running on my Android 10 Xiaomi that it can be controlled by the XT music app and that the track names are correctly displayed on the XT.

However, if I then start the Drive app on the phone I can no longer control Deezer from the XT and no track information is displayed on the XT although the track is still being played on the XT.

If I then force stop the Drive app on the phone I get control of the Deezer through XT again, including track info.

Anyone else experiencing this? It seems that Drive always takes over the Bluetooth connection if it's running (except the audio is still coming from the music app).

I'm not sure if it's a phone setting or something that is bound to happen.
SteveA
Great Britain

Re: Issues when streaming music from my phone

Post by SteveA »

This seems to be resolved now.

I called Garmin Customer support who advised I clear all Bluetooth connections and start again which I have done. Link to how to do it here.

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=x ... cUTmMvVwy9

I can now stream music from my phone, get audio soundtrack names, album cover images and can pause, move back and forwards through the phone playlist from the XT while Drive is connected.

Hopefully this will remain the case 👍
SteveA
Great Britain

Post by SteveA »

Update

After turning the XT off for a few hours and back on, sadly the old issue is back.

Garmin are on the case now.
Fooz
Canada

Post by Fooz »

I have i think the same issue. I stream music from my phone to my helme bluetooth set using the zumo app. As soon as i turn the zumo off the connection is a lost and when the zumo is back on
I have to go to bluetooth setting and reconnect the Audio. Its a shame that zumo XT deos not reconnect automatically.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Fooz wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:50 pm I have i think the same issue. I stream music from my phone to my helme bluetooth set using the zumo app. As soon as i turn the zumo off the connection is a lost and when the zumo is back on I have to go to bluetooth setting and reconnect the Audio. Its a shame that zumo XT deos not reconnect automatically.
It does. Or at least, mine does - most of the time. But if either device is set to pair with another device then there is a good chance that one of them will go off and play away. If there are no other devices registered, or the other devices are turned off thent here is no problem. However, the Zumo may wait for a while if the last device that it paired with is turned off. I often have this problem at home with various BT devices attaching themselves becasue of stuff that I have had connected when testing.

But if both have just one device to connect to, it is rapid and carried out automatically.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.