Next Turn not showing at Top Left of Screen

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Next Turn not showing at Top Left of Screen

Post by carolinarider09 »

Took a short trip today in the car. Mounted the GPS and when it turned on when to "Automotive" mode (think that's the right name). Everything fine.

Did something to look at the route, selected another route or stopped the one I was one, but things changed. Went back to the original destination and the next turn no longer shows on the upper left part of the screen. Everything else is fine.

Did a search on the GPS, did a search in online, did a search of the PDF file (manual) and could not find out how to change it back..

Any information on how to fix it would be appreciated..
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Re: Next Turn not showing at Top Left of Screen

Post by sussamb »

Strange. Have you tried a complete shut down rather than just putting the device to sleep? To do this long press of the power off button until you get the message to turn off the device. Select yes.
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 608 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I've just tried mine. Loaded the route, set it going. White arrow on the map indicated the next turn at the end of our road. No symbol on the top bar at the left.

Odd, I thought.

So I put it into simulation mode. As soon as it started moving, the symbol appeared top left and continued to show for the rest of the simulation.

I haven't tried it for real though. But maybe you have to start moving for this to show up ?? Or perhaps the next instruction has to be within a certain distance ?? I don't know, but I'll keep an eye open next time I am out. Not going anywhere on the bike today or tomorrow. Red weather warnings here.
Wind, hail, snow, doom, gloom, frogs, locusts, boils - the works.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
carolinarider09
United States of America

It always worked before, no issues. But, whatever happened when I made a new selection,,,,, it changed.

I will try it in simulation mode and then switch motorcycle instead of automobile mode and see what happens.

Then will try the shutdown.
carolinarider09
United States of America

sussamb wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:30 am Strange. Have you tried a complete shut down rather than just putting the device to sleep? To do this long press of the power off button until you get the message to turn off the device. Select yes.
I tried that and it just re-starts. Does not do a complete shutdown, not that I can tell.

Next I pulled the battery out for 20 seconds. That fixed the issue for now.

Oh, by the way, using the Simulation mode did show the next turn and count down to the turn. So..... that worked.