XT can't make calls

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
josephwheeler
United States of America

XT can't make calls

Post by josephwheeler »

Shark APEX Uplight Duoclean Vacuum: Incredible Suction Power

The Shark APEX Uplight Corded Lift Away was created to combat the challenges of several upright vacuum cleaners being large cleaning equipment. It promises to provide high suction while being compact. The Shark APEX Uplight, as per the developer, is the ideal answer for occupied individuals in today's world.

Is this vacuum cleaner truly deserving of admiration, or is it simply the result of asymmetric knowledge and misleading advertising? Let's take a look at our whole Shark Apex uplight corded lift away review right now!

Overview

The Shark APEX UpLight Corded Lift Away is a multi-surface vacuum cleaner that can clean your bare floors, rugs, and even the ceiling over your head. Cleaning hose, cleaning wands, self-standing wheels, a pet multi-tool, and a duster crevice tool, to mention a few, are included.

In less than 5 minutes, you can build the vacuum. Furthermore, it is extremely simple to move it from one location to another when cleaning.

The only obvious flaw with this vac is its tiny dust container, which needs regular emptying.

Filtration

Shark apex uplight features a compact design with a streamlined airflow that improves the device's suction and performance. The function provides the vacuum cleaner with not just high power, but also a lighter weight and superior air filtration.

In addition, the Shark Apex Uplight Lift-Away Duoclean has washable and reusable air filters, and a robust seal that can handle nearly any allergy. This barrier can also prevent air from escaping into the air before it passes through the filtering system.

Lift-Away Pod

The Lift-Away pod may be used to access difficult-to-reach places with a standard upright or canister vacuum. Cleaners can be connected directly to the cleaning tube or to a cleaning tool through the hose, allowing you to clean far-flung regions in a flash.

The Shark Uplight vacuum may be completely disassembled and just the primary pod used. As a consequence, you'll have no trouble vacuuming your stairs, draperies, and furnishings. You may attach a brush to the wand or detach the nozzle and then use the wand with the pod if you want.

Duoclean feature

The DuoClean floor nozzle with 2 brush rolls functioning concurrently is the highlight of this cleaner. It ensures cleaning effectiveness while minimizing customers' cleaning time and energy.

The first brush is for bare flooring, while the other is for thorough cleaning. Nothing is impossible with the Shark Apex Uplight owing to these 2 brushes. The vac may be used on any sort of surface, including tile floors, rugs, and ceilings.

Furthermore, because the 2 brushes clean at the same time, you may clean the entire building with different sorts of surfaces at the same time. The deep cleaning brush roll also has a self-cleaning mechanism that allows it to automatically remove hair, grime, and particles.

Power Cord

This vacuum's power cord is extremely lengthy, letting people clean a large area without having to frequently change the plug.

Furthermore, the vacuum features a system that protects both customers and the device by immediately turning off the engine power if the vacuum becomes too hot to handle.

To summarize, we feel that the Shark apex uplight duoclean is a fantastic choice for people who value the vacuum's high suction, easy configuration, and low price.
Last edited by josephwheeler on Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: XT can't make calls

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forum.

We might need a bit more information to answer this.

Mainly - what are you using for mic and earphones.

General hints without knowing the above.

Get your headset working. Make sure you can hear sounds from the Zumo. Find the volume control and the mixer. Check that navigation instructions, keyboard clicks and music play ok.

Connect your phone by bluetooth to the xt. Find the phone in the XT bluetooth connections and click it to see what connections it has established. The appropriate icons should show up coloured blue.

A common mistake is to try to pair a phone to the headset. That doesn't work. You have to pair everything to the Zumo.

if it fails, then start again but first delete every pairing with any other device and make sure that the XT and headset ( if your headset is a BT one) cannot find any other devices to pair with.
I have an illustrated guide, but don't have access to it at present. I don't think I have posted it in here before. I will check

Oh - I have posted it. Its written for a 590, but the same process applies althiugh the screen shots may be slightly different

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=520&p=3204#p3204

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I have this problem too. My iPhone7 and Cardo Packtalk are connected to the XT. Incoming calls are displayed on the XT with the Answer and Dismiss buttons but the Answer button doesn't do anything. I have yet to figure out how to initiate a call. iPhone to Cardo has worked in my tests trying to figure this out but no joy when the devices are connected to the XT. I make certain that the iPhone is connected to the XT which is a real PITA because a phone connection is needed to configure the Cardo (phone app dependent) but the Cardo must then be forgotten on the phone to prevent automatic connection when I ride.
I think another problem associated with this is that "Hey Cardo" commands are not responded to by the Cardo when the XT is in the mix. Two guys that I ride with have reached the point that they stopped connecting their communication device (one Sena, one Cardo) to their Garmin, using their Garmin only visually. I know that a contributing factor to this is how verbose the Garmin is. It was too disruptive to communication. I found a "less verbose" setting in my car nav system; I wish the XT had the same.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

@Peobody

if you get it hooked up and working you can press the "Voice Dial" button on the XT. This does the same as saying "Hey Siri or "Okay Google or Hey Google" and passes your command the phone.

..Tom
b1324
Been liked: 4 times
Slovenia

Post by b1324 »

My experience is that there is a rule on how to turn on the devices. Headset (mine is Sena 20S EVO) should always be turned on after Zumo XT. Phone is always on, obviously.

If we do a riding break and Zumo XT shuts down because the motocycle is turned off, I always have to turn off the headset also. Then I start the motocycle, the XT will start automaticaly because the power is turned up, and after few seconds I can turn on the headset and it speaks throught the speakers "Media connected" and then "Phone connected". Everything works.

If I leave the headset tuned on while XT is turned off... after powering on the XT the phone function will not work. It will not automatically connect even after an hour. I can check that and see that Phone function on Zumo XT is grayed our (disabled). I have to restart the headset and imidiatelly I can accept and make calls (Phone functions is not gray-ed out anymore).
sizzlingbadger
Has liked: 1 time
New Zealand

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Peobody wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:53 pm I have this problem too. My iPhone7 and Cardo Packtalk are connected to the XT. Incoming calls are displayed on the XT with the Answer and Dismiss buttons but the Answer button doesn't do anything. I have yet to figure out how to initiate a call. iPhone to Cardo has worked in my tests trying to figure this out but no joy when the devices are connected to the XT. I make certain that the iPhone is connected to the XT which is a real PITA because a phone connection is needed to configure the Cardo (phone app dependent) but the Cardo must then be forgotten on the phone to prevent automatic connection when I ride.
I think another problem associated with this is that "Hey Cardo" commands are not responded to by the Cardo when the XT is in the mix. Two guys that I ride with have reached the point that they stopped connecting their communication device (one Sena, one Cardo) to their Garmin, using their Garmin only visually. I know that a contributing factor to this is how verbose the Garmin is. It was too disruptive to communication. I found a "less verbose" setting in my car nav system; I wish the XT had the same.
I have an iPhone8 with the same issues. I spent a couple of hours with Garmin support and they tried everything they could and we never got calls working properly on the iPhone. I could answer calls but could hardly hear the call ringing or the person talking, it was like it was off in the background somewhere.

I now just pair my phone with my Cardo and use the XT without sound.
Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

That sounds like the headset isn't paired and the sound is coming through the XT's internal speakers. It has fooled me a couple of times in the past.

The headsets often pair to anything that is available if it has been paired before so it is possible for it to make itself unavailable as far as the XT is concerned. If this is possible, then stop down the road away from home devices and make sure the XT is on when the headset is turned on.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.