XT Update 6.20

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: XT Update 6.20

Post by jfheath »

semmyroundel wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:33 pm For the ignorant among us (me) what is cyclops?
I believe that it is a database of speed camera locations. I don't take too much notice of it - I have noticed a few are out of position, and I don't break the speed limits anyway. Around here we don't have fixed speed cameras - just a large number of mobile camera vans and pop-up motorcycle units which are always in operation somewhere.
groundhog719 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:00 pm I feel cheated. I don't seem to have any cyclops on my XT.
There isn't an app for Cyclopse , but you get an icon on the map and an alert. - if it is enabled - and 'Scouts' is available on the side menu - although that isn't a term that I have heard in the Uk.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
blahooma
Estonia

Post by blahooma »

When coming new update? I have 3 bugs and I hope new update will fix all of these.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

blahooma wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:00 pm When coming new update? I have 3 bugs and I hope new update will fix all of these.
Can you tell us what your 3 bugs are ? Between us we have contacted Garmin about possible faults. Some are waiting for attention, some are regarded as things that are there by design and are not likely to be changed. We may have missed some.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

My not quite complete list of updates is here:

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewto ... date#p7892

semmyroundel
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by semmyroundel »

"I believe that it is a database of speed camera locations. I don't take too much notice of it - I have noticed a few are out of position"

You're not wrong there, whereas my TomTom app will pinpoint the cameras down to last 5 metres, all the fixed ones I've passed have been a good 30 to 50 yards late in notifying.
blahooma
Estonia

Post by blahooma »

https://www.regio.ee/en/product/regio-r ... ia-garmin/
The ZUMO XT only finds addresses but no POI.
Other devices will work 100% with this card
jfheath wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:31 pm
blahooma wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:00 pm When coming new update? I have 3 bugs and I hope new update will fix all of these.
Can you tell us what your 3 bugs are ? Between us we have contacted Garmin about possible faults. Some are waiting for attention, some are regarded as things that are there by design and are not likely to be changed. We may have missed some.