Delete way/shape points in Saved folder?

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Re: Delete way/shape points in Saved folder?

Post by sussamb »

Grizzly
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Ireland

Post by Grizzly »

Instead of BaseCamp, I gave this a try. Free 5 day trial. All waypoint show up on the 396.
https://www.expertgps.com/download.asp
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

There are loads of different ways of getting routes into the Zumo. But no matter how good they are, they all have one basic problem:
When the Zumo receives your routes the first thing it has to do is to calculate the entire route to match its own maps. For a few routes, this can take it quite a long time - as it has to obtain all of the road information from the map on the Zumo (speed, restrictions, type, etc)

Routes transferred from Basecamp use the identical maps that the Zumo has, so transfer and loading takes a few seconds. No calculation is necessary.

I am always surprised by the lengths and expense that others go to in order to use something that doesn't do as good a job as Basecamp. Like most software, all it takes is a little time and practice. It's not difficult. Its just a bit of effort.

Someone once said there are no really hard questions. There are just questions to which you either know the answer or not. Once you know the answer, the question is easy.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Grizzly
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Ireland

Post by Grizzly »

The problem I had was, I could not see the waypoints on the route When I imported a route to Basecamp and then sent it to the Zumo 396, it showed the beginning point and the end, but no waypoints in between.
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

You imported a route to Basecamp ?
Then sent it to the Zumo 396 ?

Where did the route come from in the first place ? Is that a GPX file ?

I think we may be talking at cross purposes or different languages. Probably to do with the use of the term 'Waypoint'. It's OK - many, many people make that mistake. Including the help desk at Garmin, I have noticed in the past.

What version of maps do you have on your Zumo and in Basecamp.

Send me a copy of the GPX file that you imported to Basecamp.. Let me work out what is going on - becasue until I can see what you are talking about, we will continue to confuse each other !! I'll send my email address to your in box (Private messages - top right of the forum next to your name).

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

grizzly,

DEFINITELY do this, send him the route you're looking at. Trust me on this. He's helped me solve so many of my problems. Just. Do. It.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A