Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Andrew_XT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Italy

Re: Easy solution to install City Navigator maps on PC/Mac

Post by Andrew_XT »

All the program is updated

Garmin Express now is 7.5 , 7.6 versios was removed from Garmin dowload site.

I have called the Garmin support center, they told me the Garmin Software departement is working on Basecamp to fix this problem with Zumo XT.
They don't know how many time need. They told me "Remeber Basacamp is a free software"
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well these were the changelogs for 7.6 and it was meant to fix it, a number of Zumo XT users reported it had, guess it didn't work for all.

Implemented the ability for newer devices to install maps to the computer.
Resolved an issue with Express displaying a blank window when signing into Garmin Connect for select users.
Other bug fixes and improvements
Rofor
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

@sussamb - You're right, the main problem from before, maps couldn't be installed on PC/Mac, was corrected, BUT - those maps wouldn't be unlocked and so they are unusable on the computer! Garmin screwed it again and after a week or so they pulled back GE 7.6.0.0. and left behind many angry and confused users, because the 'pc-maps-are-not-unlocked' problem affects now more devices than the Zumo XT... :roll:

Sorry to say - but was Garmin had made with the Zumo XT is a real disaster now - a brilliant piece of hardware, but the software around and also the firmware are way behind (to be friendly). And all started with the firmware-merge with the new Garmin Tread - before, there was firmware 2.90 and all (or almost all) was working fine and the baddest errors where cleaned out and this was really the best motorbike-gps ever!

Then came the Garmin Tread and the merge with this series and with this all the 'new' firmware 5.90 and the disaster began... :evil:
One example - we got the possibility to add a rear-view-camera, which makes real sense on a motorcycle! :roll: :lol:
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
nehpetsthegrey
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by nehpetsthegrey »

Hail Rofor and those of you who understand the work around and all thing Garmanical. From a numpty like me that may not be of much value but you certainly helped me. Many thanks . My little file card is now a treasured item. If only I understood what you were talking about. AWESOME
:D :D
pangasuis
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by pangasuis »

i contacted garmin about it a month ago and they updated express to 7.6 and it worked for me.

iv just started express up again and its wanting me to update to 7.7.1.0. i cant test it out has my unit has been sent back to garmin for replacment due to ghosting.
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by cr0100 »

I've upgraded to v7.7.0.0 on my Mac and was able to copy down the City Navigator map just fine (and it's not locked). Looks like they finally solved this issue.
Rofor
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

For safety, don't 'throw away' your fake Zumo XT sticks/cards!

At least with the Windows versions of Garmin Express there seem to be some troubles anyway:
  • with 7.7.0.0. there were some problems with unlocking the map on pc, and
    with 7.7.1.0. there are some reports, that users are unable to install the maps to another location as the from Garmin suggested one
Can't verify this, but just to be sure...
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
RobWilk
Great Britain

Post by RobWilk »

Seems this problem is back. I just bought a Zumo XT and couldn't download the Maps to my Mac. Using GE 7.8 and you try to download and GE just sits there doing nothing. I tried the hack at the top and seems to have worked fine so many thanks for that. Will report it to Garmin in case it does any good.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Welcome Rob

The current version of Garmin Express is 7.8.1.0
Check you have the latest version, there have been a couple of updates recently.

Also check that Basecamp is not using the USB port. They sometimes interfere with each other - probably because they are trying to access the same data from the same device. If necessary USE CTRL ALT DEL on your PC to open up task manager and kill the application that may still be running in the background. Then try again.

Let us know if that helps please !!

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
RobWilk
Great Britain

Post by RobWilk »

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. I'm on a Mac and not a PC. I have the latest Mac version of GE installed which is 7.8.0.0 but there was no way I could get the maps to download until I tried the hack which worked straight away. I tried the download without BaseCamp running