Smartphone, Garmin Explore and Zumo XT - step by step setup.

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Smartphone, Garmin Explore and Zumo XT - step by step setup.

Post by jfheath »

I gave up on using Explore almost as soon as I started trying it. I like to be able to plot a route that I know will follow particular roads. At present, Explore doesn't do that. It leaves the route calculation up to the XT, so the roads travelled come as a surprise when riding. Ifind that I cannot follow the route in enough detail to see what the Zumo has created. Large fingers and the sensitivity of the screen makes this difficult for me.

For me, and I suspect many others, Explore is not the answer to any question that I have ever asked.
But it does show some interesting developments.
Last edited by jfheath on Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
JTLT
Has liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: Smartphone, Garmin Explore and Zumo XT - step by step setup.

Post by JTLT »

jfheath wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 pm I gave up on using Explore almost as soon as I started trying it. I like to be able to plot a route that I know will follow particular roads. At present, Explore doesn't do that. It leaves the route calculation up to the XT, so the roads travelled come as a surprise when riding. Ifind that I cannot follow the route in enough detail to see what the Zumo has created. Large fingers and the sensitivity of the screen makes this difficult for me.

For me, and I suspect many others, Explore is not the answer to anything that I have asked.
But it does show some interesting developments.
I agree!! I just don't understand why developing a software for this purpose is so difficult. "We can put a man on the moon, but..." LOL
LT
Fight like you're the third monkey.