route overlay too thick

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Stigmata
Italy

route overlay too thick

Post by Stigmata »

Hi all, new xt user here.
Is there a way to make the pink route indicator thinner? I've been using it for a few days only and I've noticed that the pink indicator hides the road beneath - being larger than the road, I guess - and sometimes makes impossible to precisely know what's coming. Sometimes all I can see it's an average of what's in front of me. Hope you guys understand what I mean :lol:

thank you in advance :)
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Re: route overlay too thick

Post by rbentnail »

They're called themes. I've downloaded several for my 595 model. Give Goggle a go!
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Rofor
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

@Stigmata You can try the file 'biker Mike XT-6.kmtf' which i added to this post, the route indicator is smaller than the original one! For explanation: This are so-called 'Theme' files and with them, you can change the look of the map on your Zumo XT. They should be copied to the internal storage of your Zumo XT into the folder 'Themes/Map' - please unpack the added file 'biker Mike XT-6.zip', this should give above mentioned theme file and copy it to the described path on your Zumo XT.

This themes are simple xml-files with parameters, which can be changed to make a different look for just anything shown on the map screen - you can take a look at this page here https://www.javawa.nl/zumocolors.html, where you can upload a .kmtf (Theme) file and make modifications by yourself. I include also a pdf (sorry, only in german) which describes the parameters for the .ktmf files.

There's also Windows program to edit these files - you can get it here: http://www.pinns.co.uk/osm/theme_editor.html

Hope this helps and greetings from Vienna, Austria!
Attachments
Kartendesign.pdf
(19.9 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
biker Mike XT-6.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
Stigmata
Italy

Post by Stigmata »

Rofor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 am Hope this helps and greetings from Vienna, Austria!
Yes indeed!
thank you!
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Stigmata wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am Hi all, new xt user here.
Is there a way to make the pink route indicator thinner? I've been using it for a few days only and I've noticed that the pink indicator hides the road beneath - being larger than the road, I guess - and sometimes makes impossible to precisely know what's coming. Sometimes all I can see it's an average of what's in front of me. Hope you guys understand what I mean :lol:

thank you in advance :)
During one of the recent software updates, track width adjustment on the unit itself was added. I think it was the same update that allows you to customise the buttons on the map screen.
jcp
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

Can you tell how to do this on the unit please?
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

jcp wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:41 pm Can you tell how to do this on the unit please?
https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=0 ... F5sNtlCgRA
jcp
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

simoncrewe wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:13 am
jcp wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:41 pm Can you tell how to do this on the unit please?
https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=0 ... F5sNtlCgRA
Thanks!
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I believe that the track width setting only affects the tracks you create, the user tracklogs and the current track as you are riding it.
The single setting affects the width of all of these tracks.
It does not affect the width of the magenta route as far as I can tell.

editing the theme may be the way to go.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.