New Firmware

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

New Firmware

Post by simoncrewe »

Firmware version 5.9 just released, I could not find it on Garmin Express, but available direct on the XT itself.
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Re: New Firmware

Post by mzeist »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (55.82 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Some nice updates there :)
TripleThreat719
Has liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by TripleThreat719 »

Looks like the Group Ride Radio Mount is going to cost an additional $349.99 in order to be able to utilize those features.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Just found that. I thought it was an error. A jump from 2.90 to 5.90 ?
Thats one heck of a lot of development going on in the background.

More testing then. Ho hum .... I wonder if they have fixed .........we'll find out !
Nice to know that they have not abandoned the XT

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

jfheath wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 pm Just found that. I thought it was an error. A jump from 2.90 to 5.90 ?
Thats one heck of a lot of development going on in the background.

More testing then. Ho hum .... I wonder if they have fixed .........we'll find out !
Nice to know that they have not abandoned the XT
Well the ability to have buttons on the map is a nice feature

I use the skip feature a fair bit when I go wrong :lol:
TripleThreat719
Has liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by TripleThreat719 »

Just a quick note re: Track Width Feature... If you have previously modified the original garmin.kmtf and created a Thick.kmtf file and are using that theme on your XT, your track widths are modified based on the current theme settings with that new feature. So if you want to use the XT's new Track Width Feature, you may want to switch back to the Garmin Theme, otherwise your track widths will be really thick when selecting the wider or widest settings while using the Thick.kmtf theme.
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

After the update, the OSM maps that I had installed to navigate off-road, because in my area the City navigators are very approximate as far as dirt roads are concerned, they are no longer navigable. If I only activate OSM the navi always replies "impossible to calculate the route", whereas before it worked perfectly. Has anyone noticed something like this
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

"Impossible to calculate" usually crops up when you have two maps for the same area loaded. If you want OSM maps, then disable the CN Europe NTU maps (or whatever ones you use. Having both ticked produces all sorts of funny side effects - including simulator taking you across fields.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Re the New firmaware 5.90

Unsure what some of these things mean :-

Group Radio stuff. Perhaps you need something else connected before anything pops up for that feature to be obvious ?
Save waypoints by clicking on the map has been there since 2.30 It drops a flag, you click on the name and save. Am I missing something ?

Unfortunately two things haven't been fixed.

i) Normal points (not waypoints) created in Basecamp still lose the name that you gave them when transferred to Zumo
ii) Changing a Via Point to a Shaping point still causes the point to relocate and acquire a new name.

My XT went mental, as if keys were being pressed.. Started off being supersensitive, and then started pressing buttons randomly and typing things into any text box that was available. I did 2 cold restarts and a complete system restart before that behaviour stopped.

Anyone else had weird issues ??