To replace the warning message
1. Connect your Zumo 590/595/660 to your computer
2. Open the folder Text
3. Find, according to your language settings, the correct language file
For UK English, it's en_GB.glx
For Dutch, it's nl_NL.glx
4. Backup the language file, in case something goes wrong
5. Copy the language file to your computer (it's read only when it's on the GPS device)
6. Open and edit the language file in an advanced text editor like Notepad.
7. Find the <entry handle="WARNING_TEXT>" tag
8. Change the text between the next<visual>...</visual> tags into whatever personalized text you prefer, for instance your name, address and phone number (so if found the device can be returned to you)
Do not use any special characters or any HTML tags, it could prevent your GPS device from booting normally!
9. Save the language file
10. Copy the modified language file back to the Text folder on the GPS device, overwriting the previous (original) version
11. Disconnect the GPS device and power it on
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 2 guests