garmin zumo xt road history

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
hotacid
Has liked: 1 time
Slovenia

garmin zumo xt road history

Post by hotacid »

Hello, I am new here. I come here for make a question regarding garmin zumo XT. I want to have stored road history trip. So I know where I have been with my motor bike. I find only on "Where I have been" sotred history track, but here are only last three. All others road trips I cant see any more.
1 Question: It is any other way to see all my road?
2 Question: Why I see only last three road trips in aplication "Where I have been"
3 Question: Do I need SD card to have stored all my motorbikes trips?

Many thanks for your help, and sorry for my English.

Chears
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: garmin zumo xt road history

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forum.

A few things about where you have been.

In Settings -> Device you have to have 'Travel History' ticked.

If you want to see where you have been on the map, you have to have Settings -> Map & Vehicle -> Map Layers -> Travel History ticked. (This doesn't affect whether the track is recorded - just whether or not it shows up on the map - if ticked, there will be a blue track on the map showing where you have been)

Clearing Travel History or resetting the device will get rid of all of the log files.

Basecamp can read your history files. The Zumo can display them is the Tabs that appear on the right hand side of the Track window. (In landscape view).

You can keep your track logs. Connect to the computer. In Internal Storage, GPX there is a file called CurrentTrackLog. That is the log that is currently being written to. When it is full, it saves this in the Archive Folder and starts a new Current Track Log.

In the archive folder you will find files 1.gpx 2.gpx and so on. These are your back log of tracks recorded by the Zumo.
It will only keep the latest files deleting the oldest as new logs are archived, so if you want to keep all of your rides (I do), then download them every so often. (eg every month). You will get used to how quickly they fill up. (There is no need to delete them from the XT)

In addition, the XT has the ability to record a ride whether or not you have set it up to do so automatcially. Select Track and Click the orange start button.

You can download the gpx file - I think from the gpx folder, but I am not certain about that.

These features all work without touching the SD card.

Modified - the number of files that are kept is 20 on the Zumos 590 and 595. I am not sure about the XT

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
hotacid
Has liked: 1 time
Slovenia

Re: garmin zumo xt road history

Post by hotacid »

jfheath, many thanks for your complite answer for better undesrtanding