not a newbie...but

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
collings.bob
Has liked: 3 times
Canada

not a newbie...but

Post by collings.bob »

I've tried several times to reset my password..and finally gave up and just created a new account.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: not a newbie...but

Post by jfheath »

Hi Bob

I've approved your recent posts so that you can get back onto the forum.

You should be able to log out, enter your old username and then click the link to say that you have forgotten your password. It will email a link that will allow you to enter a new password.

I have just tried it on my account. The email came through immediately.

Check your junk mail

I'll mention @Stu - he may be able to recover the CollingsBob account if you are having problems. I don't think that I can do that for you.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
collings.bob
Canada

Post by collings.bob »

Many Thanks John!
I just created a route and drove about 4200km's from Winnipeg to Hamilton to test the route. I'm happy to say that it worked perfectly. Now I'll delete that from the 396 and load the route for Scotland - I finally fly to Glasgow on May 2nd and am picking up a Kawasaki in Kirkcaldy on May 5th to ride the NC500..
CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Password changed..Thankyou!
Certified JB Welder
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Oh wow - not long now then.

Take this link with you:

https://www.theaa.com/route-planner/traffic-news

I have lost track of the routes that you are taking, but this map gives up to date traffic information - worth glancing at your route the night before.

Two routes in particular require massive detours if they are closed.
One is the 'Rest and be Thankful' - which you are probably not going anywhere near. But It is the A83 from Tarbet - just north of Inverbeg, heading NW towards Inveraray. Currently showing a red line and a caption which says :

Give take traffic on A83 Rest and be Thankful from A814 (Helensburgh Turn Off) to B828 (Rest and be Thankful Viewpoint). The usual restrictions are in place, however should the weather worsen a closure may be required.

The other is the road around Kylesku. Not in danger of being closed - but if it ever is - it requires a massive detour to get where you need to be. Just worth checking.

Also - on the NC500, cafes and toilets are few and far between. Make sure you have a drink and some food with you in case you need a roadside rest.

And if you see such a thing as a midge head net Buy one (or two if you have your pillion). Midges are not likely to be much of a problem at the start of May. But if they have woken up early, you will be glad of these when you stop. They take up about the same amount of room as a handkerchief. These are not to ride in - they are for when you want to stop. Midges don't like the wind, and they don't like altitude.

I hope the weather stays fine for you and you have a really good trip. Say hello to Scotland for me. We are not going up there until September.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
collings.bob
Canada

Post by collings.bob »

Hi John,
Thanks for the tips. I plan to take the Tulloch Road to the A814, then to the A819, then the A85 to Tyndrum. I've driven the A82 several times and want to explore a bit.
The issue on the A894 is more of an issue as that is on my route that day to Scourie...
I'll definitely bookmark that website - I'm taking my iPad with me
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I've only ever heard of that Kylesku road being closed once. But it was reported to be an 80 mile round trip for locals to get to the other side. I always check it now if I am up that way.

CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Today I transferred the cradle for my garmin from my Yamaha to the handlebar mount that I will be using on the rental bike and I organized the two different power cords that I will require - I’ll be using my 396 with routes planned in Basecamp in a rental car for a week after I drop off the motorcycle.
Certified JB Welder