Zumo XT blocking a phone call to the headset

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
osty
Belgium

Zumo XT blocking a phone call to the headset

Post by osty »

I have a Zumo XT and headset Cardo Freecom4+ and mobile phone OnePlus Nord 2.
When all connected true bluetooth I have problems receiving a phone call, the call is not transferred to the headset or not mentioned on the GPS.
When the Freecom is only connected to the Mobile phone it works
When the Freecom is connected to the Zumo XT it works
When the Freecom is connected to the Zumo XT and mobile phone it is NOT working.
We tried the same configuration with a TomTom 550 and there it works.
It seems the the Zumo XT is blocking or not transferring the call to the Freecom4+ headset
Thanks for your advice
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo XT blocking a phone call to the headset

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the site.

A while back, I posted a link to a pdf file that I produced for a friend who was having similar issues.
Ignore the fact that it isn't an XT, but a 590. Ignore the fact that it isn't a Cardo, but a cheap BT headset.
It is the procedure that matters. Follow the process exactly.

A quick interpretation of the technique is to
1) Pair the headset with the XT. Make sure that it works to hear music (say) or satnav instructions. MAke sure the XT recognises the headset connection.

2) Pair the phone with the XT. Not with the headset. Make sure that you can see the phone's call log, contact list etc. Make sure that the XT recognises the phone in BT connections.

3) Check the XT reponds to calls coming in and that you can hear and be heard.

The 590 screens and set up for phones and Bluetooth are close enough to the XT's for you to be able to follwo the gist. (I have both devices).

Hope that it helps. It has worked for other people with similar problems with other equipment. The pdf file is attached to post #1 of this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=520

Please let us know if this works for you.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
osty
Belgium

Post by osty »

Thanks for the info
I will test this as soon as I am back from holiday
Let you know
Osty
casbar
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by casbar »

I have an original Packtalk and have my iPhone paired to the Packtalk and the XT. Everything works as expected. The reason I pair to both is, I ride different bikes and they do not have XTs so the only time I use an XT is on my own bike. When riding others I just follow the Navs without voice. The only thing I did, was pair both the phone and XT using the phone option and not gps device as the second pairing. So when all connected, I get mobile phone 1 and 2 connected.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

If that is what works best for you, that is all that matters.

But your original question says that the XT is blocking calls from the phone.

The XT will not work as you expect if it isn't the centre of the communication system.

You said : "When the Freecom is connected to the Zumo XT and mobile phone it is NOT working."
And that is a good demonstration of this.

I think that the difference is that the XT is designed to pass information from one device to the other and back again. So Freecom voice input to XT to Phone and phone sound output from phone to Zumo XT to Freecom headset.

If connected like that, the XT will also alert you of texts, display texts, missed calls, access your address book, allow you to make calls.

I'm not saying that you should do any of this on the move - but being able to pull off at the side of the road and take a call, read a text without having to take gloves off so that you canremove your helmet is really very useful.

But as for using the system with two different bikes so that it easily connects whenever you get on - well that presents other issues, and somewhere I suspect that you may need to compromise - or spend a few minutes getting it set up right each time you change bikes.

It's sort of what I have to do each time - 'cos I go answering questions on hear, and discover that my XT is trying to conenct to my cheap BT headset on my desk rather than to the BT module on my bike. I have a favourite layby where I stop to reset things when I discover that it is not working again ! I can do it in less than a minute now.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.