closed roads for the season

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

closed roads for the season

Post by rufasim »

I am making a route to ride later on this season, maybe in september. As of right now the road is closed because it is a pass that is not plowed in the winter. Basecamp will not make a route through that road now, it makes me go around to the other side using other roads. When the road is open, will basecamp allow me to use this pass?
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Re: closed roads for the season

Post by Oop North John »

You can take-off the road closures option by going through - Edit - Options - Activity Profile - Routing and untick the "Date and time closures" box to allow year round routing.
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Post by rufasim »

Thank you! That worked perfectly
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

In Basecamp, it is probably best to have all of the avoidances unticked, unless you can reproduce the same avoidances on the XT. this is because none of those settings are sent to the XT when the route is transferred.

If the Xt has to recalculate the route, it will not know that you had asked Basecamp to avoid some features.

The only things that Basecamp sends to the XT apart from the route are:

* the vehicle type (car, motorcycle)
* the route preferences ( shorter distance, faster time)

If it gets something it doesn't recognise, the XT will default to using motorcycle and faster time.

Note that the XT keeps one set of avoidances for car mode, and another set of avoidances for motorcycle mode.

(But there is no setting for seasonal closures on the Zumo)

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.