XT coming next week

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times
United States of America

Re: XT coming next week

Post by lkraus »

twowheelstom wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:31 pm if I have the XT cables connected to battery, and I want to leave the XT in the cradle and turn off the bike, how do you shut off the XT completely from battery power? (not a sleep mode shutoff), press and hold the XT power button for 5 seconds? does that do it?
Press and hold the power button until the screen asks you to turn off the XT.
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

I'm testing my XT in the cradle to lock it in, (cradle is off bike out of the box) and I don't feel confident in that cradle locking system, maybe I should think about buying and installing that rubber Tackform Sling for peace of mind, and leave the sling installed and just manually power off the XT and leave the XT with sling attached
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)
jfheath
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 626 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

The cradle mechanism is good. The square moulding on the rear of the Zumo holds the Zumo in position, the cradle keeps the XT pressed against the square moulding.
The XT has two slots/grooves top and bottom of the square moulding. Make sure that the bottom one is seated on the clip first - ie offer the XT to the base at an angle, tilted forward so that the base seats in the bottom slot first. Then push the top of the XT back. This assumes landscape orientation.

There is only one way that the XT can be removed, and that is by pressing the release 'lever'. That releases the latch holding the top of the XT by the top groove of the square moulding.

Unless that clip in the base is broken, there is no way that the XT can force its way out of that clip.

Practice putting it in when it is mounted on the bike. The base is then firmly attached. Once seated, pull on the top of the XT to check that it cannot come out.

If you ever drop the XT, just check those grooves to make sure that there is nothing to stop the XT from seating properly on its mount.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.