Trip Planner maps error

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
ib12
Great Britain

Trip Planner maps error

Post by ib12 »

After a map update the routes in Trip Planner maps are showing irregular way point patterns. At one time after selecting a trip it thought I was located in South America and tried to calculate the route from there {i'm actually in the UK}. I don't know whats happened I've rebooted the device but this had made no difference. The routes are displayed correctly in Tracks but not in Trip Planner. Have attached a picture of the map. Anybody have any idea whats happened?
ZumoMap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ib12 on 27 Jun 2021 05:44, edited 2 times in total.
bshughes657

Re: Trip Planner maps error

Post by bshughes657 »

I just returned from a trip where I added routes from base camp. The trip consisted of 6 routes for 6 different days of riding. two of the routes worked as planned until about an hour from my destination. The garmin said that a bridge was out , a road was closed and it was switching to an alternative route. The map then looked just like the one pictured by the op. I was within an hour of my destination on both days and it said it would be 3 hours and 54 minutes to the end. I'm wondering if the fault is with the zumo or base camp or both. I'm ready to return it.
sussamb
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 249 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

After you install a new map it's worth recalculating all the routes on your device, helps to avoid issues being described.
bshughes657

Post by bshughes657 »

I did not update the maps after making the routes.
sussamb
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 249 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Ah ok. The OP had so as you piggy backed on his post I thought you had as well. Perhaps as you may have a different problem it may be worth starting a new thread so you can describe your issue more accurately