Trip Planner maps error

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
ib12
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Trip Planner maps error

Post by ib12 »

After a map update the routes in Trip Planner maps are showing irregular way point patterns. At one time after selecting a trip it thought I was located in South America and tried to calculate the route from there {i'm actually in the UK}. I don't know whats happened I've rebooted the device but this had made no difference. The routes are displayed correctly in Tracks but not in Trip Planner. Have attached a picture of the map. Anybody have any idea whats happened?
ZumoMap.jpg
ZumoMap.jpg (165.73 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Last edited by ib12 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
bshughes657

Re: Trip Planner maps error

Post by bshughes657 »

I just returned from a trip where I added routes from base camp. The trip consisted of 6 routes for 6 different days of riding. two of the routes worked as planned until about an hour from my destination. The garmin said that a bridge was out , a road was closed and it was switching to an alternative route. The map then looked just like the one pictured by the op. I was within an hour of my destination on both days and it said it would be 3 hours and 54 minutes to the end. I'm wondering if the fault is with the zumo or base camp or both. I'm ready to return it.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

After you install a new map it's worth recalculating all the routes on your device, helps to avoid issues being described.
bshughes657

Post by bshughes657 »

I did not update the maps after making the routes.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Ah ok. The OP had so as you piggy backed on his post I thought you had as well. Perhaps as you may have a different problem it may be worth starting a new thread so you can describe your issue more accurately