Zumo lock not locking...

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
MakoShark2
Been liked: 5 times
Portugal

Zumo lock not locking...

Post by MakoShark2 »

Just received the Zumolock XT and followed the installation instructions on the box (which are very simple).

But it seems not to be working as it should. The little metal tip of the lock his hitting the catch release mechanism.
I’m afraid to put some force in the lock as I could damage the catch release mechanism of the mount.

Is there any recommendation or anything I'm doing wrong?

I bit disappointed, I know it's not the most expensive lock but surely not cheap either.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo lock not locking...

Post by Stu »

Got any pics?
MakoShark2
Portugal

Post by MakoShark2 »

Yes, off course.

Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Loosen the bolts and try lifting the mount up and also make sure that the zumo is pushed all the way home

Thats all I can think of
MakoShark2
Portugal

Post by MakoShark2 »

I've already pushed the lock down when tightening those screws as it was hitting the catch if not.

No problems when locking/unlocking with the GPS off the mount, but when it's mounted (and I believe it's well mounted as I ear the click of the catch mechanism) the lock will hit the catch like that.

I might try to warp down the metal tip of the lock but I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong here... Seems not.

I've mailed Zumolock with the problem let's see if they have any better idea... not happy.

Thanks.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

I'd try loosening off the bolts, install the XT in the mount, lock up the zumolock, tighten up the bolts. IIRC this is what I had to do with mine.
MakoShark2
Portugal

Post by MakoShark2 »

Good idea... I'll try that, thanks.
MakoShark2
Portugal

Post by MakoShark2 »

Oop North John wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:01 pm I'd try loosening off the bolts, install the XT in the mount, lock up the zumolock, tighten up the bolts. IIRC this is what I had to do with mine.
And that did the trick!

Although a did press the lock down when tightening I did had the XT off the mount that wasn't enough to have the right alignment.

Doing as you did just move 1mm down the metal tip which is now enough to lock up the zumolock with the XT on the mount.

Thank you very much for your help!
red.grey
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Post by red.grey »

I also have the lock for the Zumo XT, in my case I had to put washers between the zumo holder and the frame lock...this way the lock close without rubbing against the plastic.

My problem is the metallic noise, it seems the lock frame makes noise in some engine regimes. Nobody was there a metallic noise (rattle)?
MakoShark2
Portugal

Post by MakoShark2 »

Mine was rather a vertical misalignment and didn't needed washers.

Up until now no noises but I guess it will depend on where it's mounted and the engine vibrations.