Swith from Mac To PC

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Swith from Mac To PC

Post by burtsr »

I've just changed from a Mac to PC version of Basecamp. Can someone tell me how to click on a route and drag it so I can change where it's going? I'm sure it's easy but I can't seem to figure it out.

thanks
yorky
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Swith from Mac To PC

Post by yorky »

Open the route in Basecamp and in "Tools" you will find the option to "insert, move, erase point, and divide route.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Click on the route so it's highlighted then Alt + Left click where you want to 'rubber band' the route. You can then drag and click. I suggest you work through this tutorial for more information on how it all works:

https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Many folks use the "rubber band" drag and drop but I am a tools guy. I use the INSERT, MOVE and ERASE tools from the toolbar to modify my route. If you don't see them:

- place your cursor directly above and outside the map;
- right click;
- tick EDIT FEATURES.

They will show up now. Using drag and drop with the dotted vertical line directly to the left of a features box, you can re-order where things are. Play with it, you'll see. Other features can be added/deleted and moved around this way. I uncluttered mine long ago.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

I have the "Insert" button on the toolbar along the top. Highlight route, click on "Insert" button and drag the route to where you want to insert a point. I use the + and - keys on the keyboard to zoom in and out. If doing several inserts it sometimes wants to insert from the wrong point. Clicking "undo" puts this right. It'll probably take a bit of trial and error to master it, but it can be done!
Colin
BMW R1250RS
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by burtsr »

sussamb wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:09 pm Click on the route so it's highlighted then Alt + Left click where you want to 'rubber band' the route. You can then drag and click. I suggest you work through this tutorial for more information on how it all works:

https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
This is just what I was looking for. Thanks