configurable map boxes

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
oldwobbler
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

configurable map boxes

Post by oldwobbler »

There are two boxes on the map screen while following a route, one bottom left and one bottom right. The one on the bottom right, when you press on it, can be changed to various things like Distance, Arrive In, Arrival Time. The one on the bottom left shows Speed and can not be changed?? I know how fast I'm going - I have a huge speedo on the bike to do that! If you select the bottom left box it brings up a screen with various things like Distance, Arrive In, Arrival Time - but you can not select any of them? It only ever shows Speed. Is this right?
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: configurable map boxes

Post by sussamb »

Yes, that's how it works, but you can add 3 additional boxes to right of your screen if you tap the wrench bottom right, then choose Trip data. If you don't see Trip data enable it in Settings, Map & Vehicle, Map tools

Incidentally the speed icon will be way more accurate than your bike speedo :)
oldwobbler
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: configurable map boxes

Post by oldwobbler »

Thanks sussamb thats helpful and answers my question.
Thing is I only use Time to arrive and Distance to arrive. On my 660 I had this on each box left and right. It works great. Adding the 3 extra boxes on the right just covers the map.
As I say, I have a huge speedo on the bike, I don't need an extra one permanently. The fact my bike speedo over reads has probably prevented me from losing my licence!!