Change multiple waypoint icons

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
mpusms
United States of America

Change multiple waypoint icons

Post by mpusms »

I've had a number of Garmin devices for years but this is my very first time posting here.

I recently imported over 2000 waypoints into my XT via the Explore app and they all show up with a "flag" icon. Is there a way that I can change or import the waypoints with a different icon? Don't know if it matters but I retrieved the waypoints from a Google Maps gpx file that I opened in Explore the synced into the XT.

Thanks in advance
jfheath
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 630 times
Great Britain

Re: Change multiple waypoint icons

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the Forums !

If you are using Explore, then you can do this in the Explore App, or easier using the Explore website. You can use either or both - its all the same data that they access.

You can put waypoints into one or more categories to help keep them organised, and the you can use the XT to make the categories visible or not. Categories have to be created on the website or app. On the website or in the app, you can set the icon for one or a number of waypoints.

I haven't written much on Explore, but I investigated most of what it can do - and that is documented here

app.php/ZXT-P55

P66 has brief mention of the icons. There are ways to select multiple points and then set the same icon for all of the selected ones.

The trouble is that with Explore, you cannot build a route using the waypoints. They sit on the map looking pretty, but never form part of a route. However, they do appear in the XT favourites / Saved once the XT has synchronised with your explore account.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Strommino
Been liked: 5 times
Italy

Post by Strommino »

Divide them by categories, then select a category, select the first point, press SHIFT or CTRL (I never remember) on the keyboard select the last point, they will all be selected, click on the edit pencil and set the icon you want
Last edited by jfheath on Fri May 03, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 'As I have already told you' - removed
mpusms
United States of America

Post by mpusms »

Hey it worked!!! I used Explore from my laptop and made all the changes.

Strommino I'll will follow your instructions first chance I get.

Thx a lot guys much appreciated.
jfheath
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 630 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Strommino wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 am ...select the first point, press SHIFT or CTRL (I never remember) on the keyboard select the last point, they will all be selected....
Press the first. Holding CTRL allows you to select any number of individual points - they do not have to be next to each other.
Holding SHIFT after selecting the first allows you to select the last point. Everything between first and last is selected.

This isn't just an Explore feature - It is a Windows feature.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Strommino
Been liked: 5 times
Italy

Re: Cambia più icone waypoint

Post by Strommino »

I know, but I always get confused between the two buttons...😁