Map issue with XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Moto-Mate
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Map issue with XT

Post by Moto-Mate »

Hi all,

I have used basecamp for a while on old 390Zumo and BMW Navigator VI (Garmin 660) and thought I could work my way around ok having done lots of routes etc.

However, changing to the XT has got me really wound up.

First of all I am not seeing all the map detail, yes I am not using the basic map display and I am using the maps in the XT. Howver I realised that the EU countries other than France do have the data but not France or Germany, Belgium / Netherlands is all ok

I have added all the maps and have two for Europe which split the detail level and two that are Topo maps

So if I want to travel from France through to germany I need to create different routes for each map.

Is there any way to combine these so I get the detail for all of Western Europe?

Many thanks
Phil
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Map issue with XT

Post by sussamb »

Are you viewing your XT maps in BaseCamp and only seeing the one there? This is because BaseCamp can only view one map at a time.

The solution is to install the Western Europe map to your computer for BaseCamp to use. Unlike on your XT it is only one map so you will be able to use the whole map.
Moto-Mate
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Moto-Mate »

Thank you, I thought I had installed both on the computer but will give that a try
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Note 'both' aren't installed on your computer. Only one is and it's the full combined map.