Hello from Yorkshire

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Cass
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Hello from Yorkshire

Post by Cass »

Just wanted to say hi !
Hi :)
Have been riding for a while, had a few bikes, have done a few trips, N Wales and Snowdon areas, NC500 and JoG2LE, plus others, in the planning for a full Wales trip now :)
I have always used Garmin SatNav for the bike and car
They are not always the easiest to use and change your route mid-way sometimes
Would welcome contact and advise to ensure when I plot a route it stays my route and doesnt change
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Yorkshire

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome to the forum from another Yorkshireman :D

Try having a look though here to see if this helps at all

viewtopic.php?t=1464
Cass
Great Britain

Post by Cass »

Hi Stu

Thanks for the response and welcome

Gotta say; from Hull, Hell and Halifax good lord deliver us !

:lol:
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

blessed us with some awesome roads though :lol:
Cass
Great Britain

Post by Cass »

awesome roads is right; and you really need to be high to your game for some of them

the one that I always remember as being tiring and unpredictable was 'Mortimer Road'; not for the novice !; from Penistone road through Agden down to Derwent Water; I was pleased I did it in a car first, but even in a car it was scary; thin roads, huge amounts of marbles, hidden turns, serious dips (sunken sections)

additionally the buttertubs pass is always nice to sweep into and around, with rises and drops its vista is phenominal during the ride

also the Walshaw road from Hebden Bridge to Colne is great; as you say we are blessed with fantastic or death defying (awesome) roads
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Cass wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:03 pm awesome roads is right; and you really need to be high to your game for some of them

the one that I always remember as being tiring and unpredictable was 'Mortimer Road'; not for the novice !; from Penistone road through Agden down to Derwent Water; I was pleased I did it in a car first, but even in a car it was scary; thin roads, huge amounts of marbles, hidden turns, serious dips (sunken sections)

additionally the buttertubs pass is always nice to sweep into and around, with rises and drops its vista is phenominal during the ride

also the Walshaw road from Hebden Bridge to Colne is great; as you say we are blessed with fantastic or death defying (awesome) roads
you need to get over hardknott pass! now that is a challenging road :lol:

First time I went over I was twos up on an FJR and it was thick fog and pissing it down :o

That was probably the scariest road I have done to be honest