Find fuel along current route

Having problems with your BMW navigator 5? then please post here with any sat nav, software, mount or cradle problems.
Wicked1
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Find fuel along current route

Post by Wicked1 »

While navigating a route, if I want to find where fuel is I can select the 'find fuel' and get a nice list of fuel stations, nearest first, with the 'as the crow flies' direction from my current location.

What I would very much like is for it to identify which of these will fall along the current route I am following, so I can decide whether the one on the present route will be okay, or if I need to deviate from the route to a nearer one.

Is there a way to do this?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: Find fuel along current route

Post by sussamb »

Not sure about your model but when navigating most Garmins can be set to search along current route
Wicked1
Great Britain

Post by Wicked1 »

I didn't post the model as I posted in the Navigator V forum, but for the avoidance of doubt, it's a BMW Navigator V.

I have not ever found a 'search on current route' filter, but if there should be one I'll have a look for it. Cheers.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Wicked1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm I didn't post the model as I posted in the Navigator V forum, but for the avoidance of doubt, it's a BMW Navigator V.
Yes, thanks, I realised that :)
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Wicked1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm I have not ever found a 'search on current route' filter, but if there should be one I'll have a look for it. Cheers.
When doing a search you should find it as an option in the top left hand box, normally the top one says My active route
Wicked1
Great Britain

Post by Wicked1 »

It's top right, and the default is 'near my current location'. I had never noticed that was an active field, or selected it, but sure enough it brings up some options including 'on my current route'. Fantastic! Thank you very much 😊
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Glad it helped, clearly different as on mine it's top left ;)