Ghost route in my XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Japie
Netherlands

Ghost route in my XT

Post by Japie »

It seems my XT has a ghost route in the system. I can't find it in the XT or memorycard but when i connect the XT to basecamp on my windows computer there is a ghost route. Because i can't see it in my XT it is not possible to remove it to the trash. somebody out there who can help me?? I restored my XT allready
01 basecamp.jpg
01 basecamp.jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
02 basecamp.jpg
02 basecamp.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
03 xt.jpg
03 xt.jpg (16.35 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Last edited by Japie on Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: gost route in my XT

Post by simoncrewe »

Japie wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:03 pm It seems my XT has a gost route in the system. I can't find it in the XT or memorycard but when i connect the XT to basecamp on my wndows computer there is a gost route. Because i can't see it in my XT it is not possible to remove it to the trash. somebody out there who can help me?? I restored my XT allready01 basecamp.jpg02 basecamp.jpg03 xt.jpg
Have you tried deleting it via Basecamp?
Have you synched anything via Garmin Explore?
Japie
Netherlands

Ghost route in my XT

Post by Japie »

Unfortunately you can't delete via basescamp what is on the XT.
The wrong route is not to be found in Garmin Explore
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Ghost route in my XT

Post by sussamb »

Check for archive folders, it's probably in there. You also mention the trash so do you use a Mac? If so check the trash folder.
axamax
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

I've found I have problems deleting routes that have bee imported to trip planner.
i would delete them and they would be there ready to import again.
If you connect your XT to the PC and look at the files on it. There is one in the GPX directory called temp cache or something like that. I found deleting it gets rid of unwanted routes.
The only other way was formatting the SD card. Which is annoying as it means losing all my music. (Did it in Spain a couple of weeks ago. Had to ride 1000 mile day with no music)
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

If you've sent routes from BaseCamp then yes, there will be a file named temp.gpx

Once the routes are on your device it's generally a good idea to delete temp.gpx
Pier
Canada

Post by Pier »

hi

I have the same probleme

when I transfere a route from BaseCamp to my Zumo XT, it seems to work until I open my Zumo. It asks me that there is new routes to be imported.
I say YES, but 1 on 2 route does not appear on de device. except for the waypoints that are in it.
when I connect it back to my PC (BaseCamp), I can see the route that is missing on the Zumo like a ghost.

then, I decide to plan my route within the Zumo since all the way points are there. when I want to save it, if I use the same name as in BaseCamp, it says the this name already existe.

I delete the Temps.gpx but that change notghing

anyone had the same probleme?

thank you