Annual big trip first with Garmin XT - Findings

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Annual big trip first with Garmin XT - Findings

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

Well I made it, and by and large without too many problems. I did find a few points

• I has always set my other units 550/660/590 to car mode to get exact point to point movement on very intricate tracks (shaping point minimum every 5 miles).On two of my four routes this caused a multi leg spider route rather than a circular one. Switching to bike mode fixed it
• If you save as GDB not GPX you lose your alert on arrival status
• Modifying and or reversing routes on the unit is very difficult
• Not happy with the speed camera tone which is similar to speed zone warning
• Adding detours for closed roads needs to be done from the triple dot menu in the left had corner not the pin and arrow logo iin the left hand mid page
• Visibility is good but in direct sun virtually nothing. I shall maybe move my ram mount to the yoke nut rather than the handlebar bolt
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
rwiles
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Annual big trip first with Garmin XT - Findings

Post by rwiles »

Funny, my XT is fully visible under all conditions, even the brightest sunlight. Through sunglasses and a smoked visor.
Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
Australia

Re: Annual big trip first with Garmin XT - Findings

Post by Hati »

Helps to "remove" reflections too for visibility by playing with the mounting angle. I found on my bike (1200RT) to be 90 degrees to the ground works best with no reflections or sun "flare", making the screen fully readable under all conditions.