Well I made it, and by and large without too many problems. I did find a few points
• I has always set my other units 550/660/590 to car mode to get exact point to point movement on very intricate tracks (shaping point minimum every 5 miles).On two of my four routes this caused a multi leg spider route rather than a circular one. Switching to bike mode fixed it
• If you save as GDB not GPX you lose your alert on arrival status
• Modifying and or reversing routes on the unit is very difficult
• Not happy with the speed camera tone which is similar to speed zone warning
• Adding detours for closed roads needs to be done from the triple dot menu in the left had corner not the pin and arrow logo iin the left hand mid page
• Visibility is good but in direct sun virtually nothing. I shall maybe move my ram mount to the yoke nut rather than the handlebar bolt
Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 07 Aug 2020 20:29
- Been liked: 1 time
Funny, my XT is fully visible under all conditions, even the brightest sunlight. Through sunglasses and a smoked visor.
Helps to "remove" reflections too for visibility by playing with the mounting angle. I found on my bike (1200RT) to be 90 degrees to the ground works best with no reflections or sun "flare", making the screen fully readable under all conditions.