Loosing all points when converting from Track to Route?

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Rip
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Loosing all points when converting from Track to Route?

Post by Rip »

I have a track I am working on that has 25 points:

But when I convert it to a Route all the points vanish? How can I convert it to a Route and also keep the 25 points?

Also at 10mins 10secs in this video a pop-up window is displayed that allows you to enter the number of desired points you want when converting a Track to a Route, I do not get this pop-up window on my version of Basecamp (4.7.2) so I assume that this feature is now done a by opening a Track and using the Filter menu, then filling the 'Maximum Points' field with my desired number of points?
Rip
Great Britain

Re: Loosing all points when converting from Track to Route?

Post by Rip »

No one else have this problem?
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Post by Breezly »

No where is it obvious but you need to change the activity profile from Motorcycling to Direct before you convert the track to a route. With the activity profile set to Direct the dialog box asking for the number of via points should open when you click on Create route from Selected Track. After you have converted the track to a route be sure to set the route's activity profile to motorcycling.
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

No, this is just how the algorithm works. The points from you track are not shown but they are still there. Only start and end are converted to waypoints.
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Breezly wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 pm No where is it obvious but you need to change the activity profile from Motorcycling to Direct before you convert the track to a route. With the activity profile set to Direct the dialog box asking for the number of via points should open when you click on Create route from Selected Track. After you have converted the track to a route be sure to set the route's activity profile to motorcycling.
Ahh I see! I'll try that, thanks!
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

Breezly wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 pm No where is it obvious but you need to change the activity profile from Motorcycling to Direct before you convert the track to a route. With the activity profile set to Direct the dialog box asking for the number of via points should open when you click on Create route from Selected Track. After you have converted the track to a route be sure to set the route's activity profile to motorcycling.
Ah, yes, this works indeed. didn't know that, Thanks!
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT