Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
XIKO29
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

App notifications

Post by XIKO29 »

Hi,
One thing that i already reported to Garmin, is the fact that with Drive App we can't choose which apps we want to receive notifications from, like we used to do with older devices (595) and Smartphone Link.

It shows "Others" but doesn't let us choose from the apps installed on the phone. It's something i really wanted due to my home security system.

I'm using Android 10 (stock, no root).

Does anyone have iPhone and can select the apps individually?

Thanks
US00678
Italy

Re: App notifications

Post by US00678 »

Ciao, I have an iPhone, no way to configure the apps sending notifications. Moreover the categories to be selected are, sometimes, misleading, for example I'm using vmWare Boxer as mail client on the mobile, it's notification are falling into the Business&Finance category.
XIKO29
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Re: App notifications

Post by XIKO29 »

This was what Garmin answered to me by email on 10th June:

"Many of the comments/suggestions we receive (such as yours) are often evaluated towards potential implementation into future Garmin products or current unit software releases. We cannot guarantee that what you have suggested will be implemented, however we do appreciate you passing along your opinions. Please share your ideas with us at the following page on our website: http://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/"

Which means that we all need to ask for it using that link, the Play Store/Apple Store, e-mail, Twitter... It seems that Garmin now works like that: remove functions that an older device and app had (Zumo 595 and Smartphone Link) and if many people asks for something, maybe they implement it...

PLEASE, even if you don't care about it, ask for this feature to be implemented on the XT. I really want to be able to receive notifications from my home security system.

Thanks