Customising Home screen?

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
mmi64
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Customising Home screen?

Post by mmi64 »

Does anyone know if it's possible to customise the home screen?

I'm not going to be using "Group ride" anytime soon and unlikely to be using "Track recorder"

But what would really be handy is having a shortcut to the brightness settings..

I can't see anything in the manual. Has anyone got any ideas?
jfheath
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 625 times
Great Britain

Re: Customising Home screen?

Post by jfheath »

On the XT, I haven't found a feature that allows brightness or volume ont he right hand side of the screen. It used to be there on many earlier Zumos, but not on the XT. But (I don't have an XT2) but these are the palces that you might want to look.

There are certain items that you can display down the right hand side of a Landscape view map.
eg

12640.png
12640.png (89.08 KiB) Viewed 566 times

View Map ->3 dot menu bottom right -> 3 bar menu top left.
Tap one of the existing icons, it will disappear and be replaced with a plus + icon. Tap that and you can add any of :
Map Orientation, Map Layers, Skip, Garmin Powerswitch, Stop, Edit Route, Mute.
Any three icons can be displayed alongside the map.

OR

View Map->3 dot menu, bottom right
This allows you to view Trip data - which displays and additional 3 rectangles which can show all sorts of data about your trip.

OR

Right hand side mini apps such as Music Player, Traffic, Track Recorder, Weather, Up Ahead, Towns Ahead, Elevation, Turns, Phone, Report Safety Camera, Photo Live.

Also on the XT it is possible to create shortcut for favourite searches, categories or favourites. These appear as additional icons in the Where To? page. But I have not found the ability to add links to other apps.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

Re: Customising Home screen?

Post by twowheelstom »

also splash screen, I use to have a splash screen picture at start up on my old 550 but I can't see the splash screen option on my XT
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)