Inexpensive Android Tablet for Tread?

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Protonhound
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Inexpensive Android Tablet for Tread?

Post by Protonhound »

Hi all,
Once I got used to the Tread app I'm actually liking it very much. I use other software for big picture pre-planning but Tread works very well with the XT2.
I'm considering getting an Android tablet but I can't justify spending a ton of money eventhough I'll wind up using it for other stuff, like TuneECU in the future.
If anyone off the top of their head has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 203 times
United States of America

Re: Inexpensive Android Tablet for Tread?

Post by rbentnail »

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 that I got new yrs ago for <$150usd. I use it as a cheap second phone line and traveling Android device, mostly for neenerwebs forums and streaming in motel rooms.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Android- ... YBXCN?th=1

I agree with everything in this review.

Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 295 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 that I use every morning as a news reader but have also used it for streaming and web browsing. It's small enough to be handy but still substantial feeling. I like it a lot. I have a cover on it that folds into a stand. Admittedly it is a toy for me. A 15.6" Windows laptop is my machine for productivity.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 203 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Peobody wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:40 pm I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 that I use every morning as a news reader but have also used it for streaming and web browsing. It's small enough to be handy but still substantial feeling. I like it a lot. I have a cover on it that folds into a stand. Admittedly it is a toy for me. A 15.6" Windows laptop is my machine for productivity.
Ditto on the stand cover. I prop it up in landscape a lot. For longer trips where I might be creating routes I'll take my laptop for using Base Camp. Weekends and 3-5 day trips the computer stays home and the tablet is my go-to. I think the A7 has a little bigger screen but I'm good with the A8.

The prices have come way down on basic tablets like these.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A