Imported From Garmin Basecamp to Zumo XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
tiffcon
United States of America

Imported From Garmin Basecamp to Zumo XT

Post by tiffcon »

Hello to all of you. It seems as though I need some help. I have imported seven parts of my trip from Basecamp to my Zumo XT. All went well. My problem is in the Zumo XT under Applications. Then I go to Trip Planner and Saved Trips. At that location, under Imported Trips, I would like to have the seven daily trips in the order that I will be taking them. I guess this not a big deal, but would like to know if that is possible. I named the trips starting with a 1,then a 2, etc. I thought that would place them in the proper order. It can't establish any method in which the order was placed. Is there a way to move the trips in Imported Trips can be moved so that they are in the proper order?
Thank you for any input you can give.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Re: Imported From Garmin Basecamp to Zumo XT

Post by Peobody »

Once the are imported, the XT will sort on the departure date and time set in the starting waypoint of each route. I don't know if this also applies to the to the list of routes when they are sitting on the XT available for import.

I am sure that a naming convention of some sort is common to help with identifying routes in a list on the XT. My convention is a destination code followed by a "D" for outgoing or "RD" for returning followed by the day number followed by the begin and end cities. So for 14 day trip to South Dakota I have "SD_D1_Home to Lebanon TN" as the route name for the first day and "SD_RD7_Middlesboro TN to Home" as the route name for the last day. Once I have a firm starting date I will add the appropriate date to the starting WP of each route before transferring them to the XT. I don't pay attention to arrival times in Basecamp so I always set the departure time as 8:00 AM.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
tiffcon
United States of America

Re: Imported From Garmin Basecamp to Zumo XT

Post by tiffcon »

Peobody,
Followed your directions and it worked perfectly!! Thank you so much.