XT - Can not Calculate Route

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
casbar
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

XT - Can not Calculate Route

Post by casbar »

Out yesterday, was following a route loaded from MRA on a round trip of about 150 miles. All was well until I stopped for lunch. On starting the trip again, I deviated from my route and the XT came up with the "Can not Calculate Route".So cancelled the route and just punched in Home. That was ok until again I deviated from the route it wanted me to take and then again had the same message. Cancelled again and the same thing happened. Wasn't in any unmapped areas, UK, main roads. Spoke to Garmin and then told me to log onto the XT and delete the files in the Archive folder, which I eventually did. My Mac doesn't recognise the XT even though they said it would, but my wifes laptop did. Went out for a quick test and it seemed to be re calculating ok, but I need to do a longer test. Anyone experienced this?
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: XT - Can not Calculate Route

Post by rbentnail »

I experience this all the time! Drives. Me. Batty.

At times it seems the XT can't find its way anywhere. I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago. I'm leaning towards starting a route at "closest point" vs the start point. It seems for me the problem arises with "closest point" entry because that point may be behind you.

Several folks have said that the XT will continue to route once you re-join the designated route but I've found that to be false as well. It has never once done that for me.

Unfortunately I haven't discovered a good way to get the XT to take me where I want to go when I want to go there. It has a fit then just stops say "Can't Calculate Route".
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
casbar
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by casbar »

In my case, eventually was just following home, so no pre defined route just from where I was to my home address. It would calculate the route, but as soon as I deviated at all, it wouldn't re calculate the route and I got the error. When it did it the first time, I was half way around the route, but as I said, I cancelled that route and just went for "Home".

I might add that the XT took me all over France and Belgium last month with no issues at all, so this is new to me
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Oh yeah, the Go Home thing. I still haven't figured that one out. It will try to take me 40 miles out of the way to get me home when I'm on the road I actually live on, just 120 miles away. No kidding, then when I skipped a turn it went belly up "can't calculate".
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A