why did garmin start taking me back home

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: why did garmin start taking me back home

Post by rufasim »

Sorry for the delay in answering. I have been trying my hand at planning routes directly into Basecamp. I watched a couple of youtube videos and I think I got it. I will load one onto the garmin and see if this works. I will report back to let you know. It seems just as easy, if not easier to make it on Basecamp. I only wish I could type in addresses and route numbers into BC like I can with Google maps.
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: why did garmin start taking me back home

Post by rufasim »

Okay, I learned how to plot a route directly onto basecamp with out the use of Google maps, as I stated. I loaded a new route into the zumo, and it matches everything that you stated jfheath, as well as all the phots too. To be honest, I was a bit confused what you were saying. Now that I can see all the points that you were saying, and photos you were showing, everything makes sense. By adding waypoints to the route once I transferred it from google was just a waste. All it was doing was adding favorites and muddying up the route. Blue flags in bc, green on the zumo map. I can now control what point is announced, and what is left silent. this is going to be very helpful. Thank you