Zumo 550 Routes missing on device

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Tracerrider17
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Zumo 550 Routes missing on device

Post by Tracerrider17 »

Hi I have an old Zumo 500 which was and is working fine but however I try I cannot import a downloaded route to follow, I have tried with Basecamp & Mapsource everything looks fine and downloads from the PC and then installs on to Zumo when unplugged, I can select and import on the device but when I go into choose a route to follow there are no routes visible. I can see them in the directory as GPX routes on the device memory and the SD card so just can't figure out why I can’t see them on the device. It has been working fine up until the latest updates and contacting Garmin UK they tell me Basecamp is now not compatible with the 500 series but it also won’t install maps even when installed via Mapsouce. Anyone got any answers to this problem?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 550 Routes missing on device

Post by sussamb »

There was a limit to the number of routes you could install to older devices, is that your issue? If you have lots of routes try deleting some to see if that helps. One of my older devices would only allow 10 active routes, I believe the limit on the 500 is 50?

Also are you sending routes or tracks? Not sure as never had a 500 but they are probably accessed differently, and it may be if tracks your Zumo cannot read them.
Tracerrider17
Great Britain

Post by Tracerrider17 »

It has nothing to do with number of routes as I only down loaded Two but you could have a lot of routes on the SD card and then load ones needed then delete when further routes were required.
They are actual routes not tracks with shaving points.
Thanks for your comments.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Ok, well in that case and given you say you've just done a software update I'd try a master reset, it often corrects issues after a software update.
Tracerrider17
Great Britain

Post by Tracerrider17 »

Thanks I hadn't thought of that, I will give it a try tomorrow.
Tracerrider17
Great Britain

Post by Tracerrider17 »

Hi Just an update that after resetting and formatting the SD card all is now working correctly. Thanks.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Great :)