"Calculating Route" does not work on my 665

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
93aspy
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

"Calculating Route" does not work on my 665

Post by 93aspy »

Hey guys and gals,

So when I download a new route from base camp and go to import the route in my 665, the "calculating route" window pops up but does not update. Not a show stopper because the route does finish and says it's complete, but I would sure like the calculating route window to work as it should.

Anyone have any ideas??? All comments appreciated.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: "Calculating Route" does not work on my 665

Post by jfheath »

Its been a while since I used a 660, but I know that it is not compatible with Basecamp. Basecamp was updated considerably to cater for the newer devices with the trip planner App - some years ago now. Maybe Basecamp is sending it routing points that it doesn't know what to do with. ?

Mapsource is still available and is recommended for the 660/665. Try a simple route with that, see if it solves the problem.

Its also possible that it is calculating a rapid route back to where you are now. With the 66x devices, never have your end point anywhere near your start point, and try not to design a route that crosses or meets itself.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.