Incidents every 20-30 seconds

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
City1964
Australia

Incidents every 20-30 seconds

Post by City1964 »

Just been on a 2000 mile trip with this device
Worked great for about 1000 and then started giving incident notifications every 30seconds
If I clicked the cross to close the window it came back almost immediately
If I ignored it a larger window would appear over the map area after a couple of minutes and would not close until I pressed the ok button
I have tried a full restart several times without any joy,
Only thing that has changed is when I used to plug in to charge and put in my next day trip it would ask if I wanted to go into car mode
I think I may have accidentally clicked as it does not ask this anymore
Does anyone know how to get out of car mode in case this is the problem?
As it is my new device is not usable as half of the map is taken up by notifications until I close out of it and then returns
Luckily I had not activated email or sms notifications or my wife would have received hundreds of them
Any ideas?
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Incidents every 20-30 seconds

Post by dave726 »

Start by deleting all routes. Then all POIs. You should have files that these were created from to get them back after you find what is giving the software heartburn.
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: Incidents every 20-30 seconds

Post by tojjer »

City1964 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:37 pm Just been on a 2000 mile trip with this device
Worked great for about 1000 and then started giving incident notifications every 30seconds
If I clicked the cross to close the window it came back almost immediately
If I ignored it a larger window would appear over the map area after a couple of minutes and would not close until I pressed the ok button
I have tried a full restart several times without any joy,
Only thing that has changed is when I used to plug in to charge and put in my next day trip it would ask if I wanted to go into car mode
I think I may have accidentally clicked as it does not ask this anymore
Does anyone know how to get out of car mode in case this is the problem?
As it is my new device is not usable as half of the map is taken up by notifications until I close out of it and then returns
Luckily I had not activated email or sms notifications or my wife would have received hundreds of them
Any ideas?
Did you sort this please, cos my 346 has started doing exactly this. It asked me if I wanted to go into car mode too.

Thanks

Update: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=121&sid=d57a42307a8 ... 555f663ace