Route import and convert

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Kramer
Denmark

Route import and convert

Post by Kramer »

Hi there :)

i hope someone is able to help with this issue ??

when i import a gpx route in the 595 i get it in "tracks" .. no problem with that .. i covert it to a route and wait ....
then the problem accours ? i always choses fastest,shortest etc .. and change the original route ... is it not possible to just import a route and drive it ?

the routes is for adventure motorbike and i get it from the TET site.. the are routes made for offroad track all over the world , but when i want to drive it always calculate the route :oops:

i can chose tracks and show on map ,but the line is so small and hard to see , and i have to possibility to change color but not make the line bigger

HELP
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Re: Route import and convert

Post by rbentnail »

What I do:

I import the .gpx file NOT to the 595 but rather to Base Camp. Most show up as a track which I use Base Camp to convert to a route and edit it as I wish it to be. I then transfer that route to the 595, import it and ride it.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Kramer
Denmark

Post by Kramer »

So you just import route and not track to the 595?
And it os ready to ride without the gps calculations..

I will try tomorrow and see if it works..
I was wondering why it’s not possible on the zumo when it is on the Montana and other gps.. even the Garmin for mountain bike gps ….

Thanks a lot 🙏🏻
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Correct, I import a route to the zumo from base camp, not a track. Most .gpx files i see are tracks and to me it much easier to convert and edit in base camp than it is on the zumo.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A