New Firmware

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
ConiKost
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Germany

Re: New Firmware

Post by ConiKost »

jfheath wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm What is the best way of raising a ticket with Garmin ?
Write an e-mail to [email protected].

Garmin already replied to me and says:
Hello, 

I confirmed on my end that this is not an option when using the zumo XT. I have reached out for clarification as to if this is by design or an error. I will let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thankyou.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Milu23771
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Hello everyone, anyone else had, before the update of the Open Street Map installed on the device? Could you, in this case, kindly try to see if now, with the new firmware, it still manages to navigate, enabling only the OSMs? Thanks to those who want to help me.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Ah. I didn't try that. I had tried it a few weeks ago without problems.

But now. No. OSM map will not calculate - even just choosing a favourite 7 miles up the road without loading a route. I disable Europe maps, and I tried with only OSM maps enabled. As soon as I disabled OSM and enabled just on Europe map, it worked fine.

It's as if Garmin are trying to Force us to use their Explore Website to plan routes. Trouble is, last time I tried I had to do a system reset on my XT.

Complaints will be going in. At present this device is not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Regarding the Mapping

I have just connected my 590 to Garmin Express 7.4.0.0, and the option to install to the computer is still present.
However, for the first time in ages, there is an update for the 590 available. I don't think that I will be updating !

Rofor
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

Yes - the problem with installing maps on pc only affects the Zumo XT!
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
ConiKost
Germany

Post by ConiKost »

Rofor wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:09 am Yes - the problem with installing maps on pc only affects the Zumo XT!
No, that's not correct. It affects ALL devices, which are using the new map management feature in Garmin Express.
But yes, older Zumo 59x is not affected, as it doesn't use that new feature.
Rofor
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

@ConiKost Ok - good to know! For your info: Ich bin 'Fireman' aus dem Naviboard-Forum... ;)
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
ConiKost
Germany

Post by ConiKost »

BIG WARNING FOR ALL USERS WITH FIRMWARE 5.9 AND OSM MAPS:
Using OSM maps is currently not possible. You can load and show them, but starting a route will only say, that routing is not possible.
Milu23771
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

ConiKost wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 pm BIG WARNING FOR ALL USERS WITH FIRMWARE 5.9 AND OSM MAPS:
Using OSM maps is currently not possible. You can load and show them, but starting a route will only say, that routing is not possible.
In this regard, I contacted Garmin Italia assistance, after a brief exchange of emails and after having also explained to them by telephone that the OSMs, working until the day before, are no longer navigable after the update, they reply that the Garmin maps work. , so maybe it's the OSMs that need to undergo an upgrade. I tried and explained to them, that if the problem started with the new firmware, then the cause is Garmin, and not Open street Map. I added that I hope it is an error and that it will be resolved soon, and not a sinister commercial policy, unworthy of a brand like Garmin. I am waiting for an answer. I'll let you know. Hi