Downloading custom vehicle icons on 660LM

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
suzukizone
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Downloading custom vehicle icons on 660LM

Post by suzukizone »

My 660 indicates I can acquire additional vehicle icons by going to http:www.garmingarage.com/ but I see no option to do this once I am at the site. I can use the boring arrow point that is the default but would prefer to see something better, even a simple motorcycle icon.

Is there a way to do this. Garmin closed for holiday until Mon 12/28 but I did email them. Not sure what they will say.

So far the last 2 times I emailed or did a chat I got totally wrong info. I was told I could not run the 660 off the battery but would have to hook it up "properly" using the car mount kit. BS, works fine as long as the battery is charged.

I was also told I could not plan a route in Basecamp and load it into the 660. More BS as my friend did it on this unit for over 8 years and I did it myself the other day. Both times the "TECHS?" were so sure of themselves in tone and language as if I were an idiot. Not sure who does hiring there so leery I will ever get a good answer. Trust you folk way more,

Thanks and Merry and Happy to all.

DH
kernowing
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Re: Downloading custom vehicle icons on 660LM

Post by kernowing »

For vehicle icons I select Tools-Settings-System-Usage Mode-- choose between 5 options.
I never have problems sending routes from Basecamp to my 660.
Merry and Happy to you too :)
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
suzukizone
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: Downloading custom vehicle icons on 660LM

Post by suzukizone »

Thanks kernowing. Since I posted,

1. I found a YouTube clip telling how to copy & load icons and voices from one Garmin to another. It was easy as my older nuvi had a slew of both. I now have Dr Nightmare and his snarky asides AND the little waddling Frankenstein creature as my icon.

2. I found another forum where a guy had given links for 3/4 of a gazillion vehicle icons. (Well maybe I exaggerate!) Grabbed a few of those and have about 8 or 10 including a Subaru Forester (my personal vehicle), several VW Beetles, VW bus. Heck I even have an icon of Sponge Bob Square Pants manning a rowboat I had in the nuvi.

I am made in the shade.

If any one wants the link, lemme know. Just can't get you the voice or any icons from my nuvi unless you show up at my door.

Be safe in all endeavors or for you chaps, endeavours I think! :lol:

DH