Zumo 590, iPhone and Interphone Tour. BT Issues?

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
scraynes
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Zumo 590, iPhone and Interphone Tour. BT Issues?

Post by scraynes »

Hi All,

I've been using an interphone tour with my iPhone for audio and call support without issue.

I have just got a Zumo 590 and am trying to get it all to work together!

So I've managed to pair the headset to the Zumo and can get audio navigation no problem. Then I connect the iPhone to the Zumo and it says all is fine (including audio). But I'm to getting any media audio over the headset. The Zumo media player buttons are moving the iPhone music on, but I'm not getting any audio.

Do any of you have any ideas as what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 590, iPhone and Interphone Tour. BT Issues?

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome

Have you turned up the bluetooth audio volume up on the phone?

I had issues with android and it turns out the volumes are all independent of each other and once connected and music was playing then I had to turn the volume up on the phone.

Maybe iPhone is the same
scraynes
Great Britain

Post by scraynes »

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the idea, when I read it I was hopefully, but no - the volume is the same across devices
scraynes
Great Britain

Post by scraynes »

Solved!

I did a hard reset on the Zumo and then when I connected iPhone it gave me option to connect as iPhone rather than generic BT device - that gave me the media information, don't title etc, but still no audio.

So I had to then connect the iPhone to the headset via BT as well, and then everything worked.

Funny, because a few of the videos that I watched specifically said not to connect the phone directly to the headset!

Anyhow, problem solve. Hope this thread helps someone else out at a later date.