Breadcrumb Zumo 396

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
MontereyBeach
United States of America

Breadcrumb Zumo 396

Post by MontereyBeach »

Hello All,

Does the Zumo 396 have the ability to create breadcrumbs. For example, if I am riding off road and want the ability to track back to the start of my ride. I know a can create a track but I am just speaking of the ability to track where I have been so I don’t get lost.

Thanks
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Re: Breadcrumb Zumo 396

Post by Fxwheels »

Sure. If you enable the visible track (settings/map&vehicles/layers/track log), you can visually navigate back on it
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

You may have to make sure the option to record your history is turned on.
The option is called Travel History under Device on the 590 and on the XT

The files are stored in the GPX folder on the Zumo in CurrentTrackLog** or in the Archive Folder

** @Fxwheels will hopefully correct this if it is wrong - I don't have a 396 to check this.

So these can be displayed on the screen, but you can also load them into Basecamp, ploted on the map and also allow you to use elevation and speed profiles with an animation linked to your position on the map.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

Right. When you check the "Track Log" box on in Settings/Map&VehiclesLlayers/Track Log, you'll see all the recorded routes on the map. And as you go, it will continue recording. This way you can see where you came from and go back using your track.
If you go to Apps/Tracks, you can also see the sections of your routes in Saved and Archived tabs where you can re-import as route, delete any section or share it.
Now, if you want to clear all tracks created up to date, unfortunately 396 will clear all your favorites and places you've bees along with that. But you can delete/clear tracks one by one in the Apps/Track tab from above.